Date Night Pt 2

Kiyah came back from the bathroom and I just stared at her.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing." She sat down and I stared at her face. Her make-up was done extremely good.

"Why you acting like that?"

"No reason let's get back to the conversation." I told her.

"Okay what you wanted to know?"

"Anything."

"Ain't much to know about me." "Tell me about your future hopes and dreams."

"Well I want to be a neonatal nurse, I want happiness, and success."

"That's it?"

"Yep." "What about kids and you know a big house allat shit."

"I um.." She looked down.

"I actually can't have kids anymore and I'm not worried about material things." "Damn my bad."

"You good yeen know."

"So you plan on caring out yo dreams with big white boy?" She laughed.

"My husband? Cliff? Yes."

"So you love him?" "More than anything else in this world."

"More than yoself?"

"I'm getting the feeling you've talked to your mother." She said.

"Why you say that?"

"Cause everything was going good until now." "What's wrong?"

"You making me feel like I'm at therapy." "I'm just trying to look out for you." "I don't need you to look out for me Nobel I'm grown as fuck."

Sakiyah POV
"Yeah a grown ass bitch getting her ass beat by a nigga every fucking day."

"Nobel you don't know shit about me dude." "I know enough from watching my daddy beat my momma ass all day every fucking day.

I know how it feel watching my mama fighting for her life in the hospital. I know how it fucking feel to lock myself in my room afraid cause he would come beat me next. You shouldn't want to live yo whole fucking life in fear."

He said. People was staring at us and I was on the edge of tears.

"My situation isn't like yours okay Nobel? He fucking loves me and it be my fault okay? I be making him mad or doing something stupid to make him react but at the end of the day that's my husband."

"You won't be happy until he kill you."

"And the day he do maybe I'll finally get that happiness I been searching for since I was a little girl.

Nobel you don't know shit about me okay? So please don't judge me."

"Whatever Sakiyah."

I wiped the tear that fell. "Can I say one more thing?" "What Nobel?"

"You're very beautiful Sakiyah okay? I can see right now you've been through a lot and you feel he's the only person that love you but you have to overcome this before it's too late."

I stood up.

"Thanks for tonight Nobel. I have school in the morning I'll just catch the bus back." I pulled a few dollars out.

"This will cover some of my meal."

I walked off and went outside. I began walking while it was sprinkling outside.