Chapter 6

It's been 2 months since I lost my job.

I've been getting by okay working at the strip club. My husband still don't know it's not like he cares considering he's never here.

I was leaving class so I could go to Megan's house.

"Um Sakiyah." My professor called me.

"Yes?" "So I seen you are a very promising student and I was wondering do you really want to be a nurse your whole career?"

"I mean yeah why not?"

"How about a surgeon?" He asked me.

"Nah ion think I'm good enough to be a surgeon." "But I do. You have only a few months left in this program so I pulled a few strings for you."

I smiled. "And?"

"I got you an internship as a surgeon yes you still get paid for this internship and it's hands on.

When you graduate med school you'll be sent off to any hospital of your choice as an intern and you'll be with a few more people.

You'll work under one person but that one person has bosses themselves so sometimes you'll have to assist the bosses also."

I smiled. "You think I got what it takes?"

"I know you do."

"Okay then. Thank you." I hugged him.

"No problem girl." I grabbed my bag and left. I drove to Megan house to tell her the good news.

I used my key and walked in.

"Meagan??" I called.

"My room." She responded.

I went to the room she was laying down with Za'nisha. I picked her up. "Hey pretty girl."

She smiled.

"Get up hoe. "Unun I'm tired." She said rolling over.

I laughed. "Why?" "Cause girl stripping last night without you was hectic."

"My bad he was home." I said.

"It's coo."

I laid down beside her. "Guess what?" I told her. "Yes?" "When I graduate med school in 2 months I can become a surgeon's intern afterwards I'll get my license as one."

"I thought that was a different area of study from a nurse." "It is but we learn the same thing as them."

"Yeah I never understood that. Nurse do way more than doctors but get paid less." "Yeah but they go to school longer and surgeons are better."

"I'm proud of you honey." She said.

"Thanks sis."

"How's the Cliff situation?" She asked me. "Same as always. He hasn't put his hands on me though."

"Y'all argue a lot?"

"I think he's cheating. Like he be gone all day and his lil friends be tryna cover for him but I know his ass not at work."

"Why not ask him?"

"You want me to ask the same man that been beating my ass for the last 7 years is he cheating?"

"You right." She sighed.

"I wanna stay but if he's cheating I'm done."

"I hear ya. Let's investigate."

"How?" "Tomorrow when he leaves I'll trail him. He doesn't know who I am so shit why not?"

"Ion want to get you involved suh he fucked up in the head." "I bet." I laughed. "How did I get myself stuck in this relationship?"