Chapter 6

I woke up still exhausted from yesterday. I just rolled out of bed not worried about the time or anything. I grabbed a towel and cloth to take a shower I never took last night. I did not remember why because I was still tired. All I knew was that I stunk. A shower usually wakes me up.

I went two doors down to the bathroom. The door was closed, which I found odd. The door was never closed in the morning. I did not look into it. Someone closed the door. I was too tired to care.

I opened the door without knocking. I took a step in and looked up. A figure was standing at the sink with a towel on their head. Of course it was Jessica.

She turned and jumped startled. She was startled? I was shocked. I jumped back into a wall and slammed my head against it.

"Ow!" I yelled.

"Are you alright?!" Jessica said as she was running towards me.

"Yeah, yeah!" I got up holding my head. I turned around and walked fast into my room. I slammed the door behind me.

Well that woke me up. I also remembered why I didn't take a shower last night. Of course this happened to me. Not to be weird, but why my dad or mom couldn't be in the bathroom. It would have been way less awkward. I looked down at myself. I was not wearing a shirt and was in my boxers. Yeah, it would have been way less awkward. My life lately has been something out of a movie.

It had to be Jessica in there. Just my luck. Then I thought back on it. She did have nothing on, but a towel. She was looking nice from what I saw.

Just my luck I thought with a smile.

I wished that thought away. I hung out with Dashaun way too much. Some of his perverted thinking was rubbing off on me now. I was not Dashaun.

I looked at the clock. It was ten. That's why someone was in the bathroom. I thought it was seven or eight like the time I always wake up. I must have been really tired yesterday.

I sat on the edge of my bed and waited. I heard the bathroom door open again. She was finally done. I waited a little longer for one noise. Click. That was the closing of her door. I peeked out the door to make sure no one was in the hallway. I closed it back and got the clothes I was going to wear for the day to bring into the bathroom. I did not want any more of that earlier situation. I checked the scene again then went to the bathroom. I did not want my life to be like this now.

After the shower I was relieved. It was more physically than mentally. I was so sore. My body ached. The hot water healed that actually. Since the news the shower has been the best thing in this house.

After I finished washing I brushed my teeth and got dressed then left the bathroom. As I was going to my room I heard talking downstairs. My mom and Jessica were in the kitchen. I stood there and listened.

"Jessica, do you want some eggs and grits for breakfast?" my mom asked.

"Yes Ms. Randal." Jessica responded.

"You don't have to call me that." my mom said cheerfully.

"Yes ma'am." Jessica said.

"Oh no! That makes me sound old." my mom laughed. "Sarah is fine."

"Ok."

Jessica is so polite. A little too polite. I know she was not like this at home in Japan. I noticed something else as well. Jessica had one of those sweet, quiet voices. Maybe she was just using that voice with my mother, but it was cute. She talked to me before, but I just banged my head on the wall and I did not focus on that. I guess it matched her figure. Then I remembered the image of last night and smiled.