Chapter 22

"Ray, you up?"

I awoke with multiple knocks at my door. I jumped up.

"Ray?"

I looked around. Where the hell was Jessica? I guess she already was up.

"Ray!"

This time I ciphered the sound out to be my Dad. "What? I'm up I'm up." I finally said.

"Hurry and get ready. Jessica got to go soon." I heard him walk away.

Oh yea. She was leaving today. That kind of ruined my morning already. I sat on the side of the bed just thinking how this goodbye is going to go. Then I thought of something else.

When the hell did my parents come home?

Then I remembered what Jessica and I were doing downstairs. We never cleaned up after ourselves. We just went up stairs and continued what we were doing. I panicked a little. My parents would kill me if they knew. I stood up quickly to go downstairs. Then I noticed pants were at the foot of my bed. They were the pants I wore last night. I guess Jessica woke up real early and cleaned up. She is awesome.

I calmed down. I went to go take a shower. I smelt bad. I smelt like sweat and perfume. That would give me away quickly. I hopped in the shower and washed three times over to be thorough.

I came out and looked at Jessica's room. It was opened. It was weird. If she was leaving why did I never see her pack? I went inside. Her bed was made. All the clothes were gone out of her closet though. I saw some boxes in it. I guess this was what she was doing when she never came out of her room some days or when I hung out with Dashaun. Come to think of it I was rarely in her room. She always came to my room. Or We just were downstairs.

I left and went back to my room. I got dressed in my normal attire, shirt, nikes, and shorts. I made my way downstairs.

The front door was open. It was being held by some boxes. I looked outside and saw my Dad putting clothes covered in plastic in the trunk. I turned around and looked into the kitchen. My mom was at the table wrapping some food. I guess for Jessica.

I made my way to the living room. Jessica was sitting there watching Avatar.

"I'm gonna miss this show." she said without looking from the TV. "Watching it with you at least."

"Good Morning, Jessica." I said.

"Morning was over an hour ago. It's 12:30" she laughed. "Did I wear you out that much?"

I ran and held my hand against her mouth. "You want us to die?" I said.

She moved my hand. "It's fine. They don't know. I woke up early and cleaned the living room. I also took out the garbage. A lot came out huh?"

"You're enjoying this, huh?"

"I think we both did."

"What have I created!"

"Shut up." She kissed me. "Are you okay about today then?"

"Yeah." I lied. I was not okay with this. I did accept it.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. You have to go help your family. Understandable."

"Sorr..."

I kissed her. "Stop saying sorry. I'm fine."

"Just a couple more bags and we are headed out." my dad said as he came in the front door. My mom came around the corner from the kitchen.

"Here, Jessica." my mom said.She handed her some type of gift basket.

'Thank you, Sarah." Jessica said.

'There are cookies, candy, and other stuff in there."

"We'll miss you." my dad said.

"Save the goodbyes at the airport. I don't want to cry yet." Jessica laughed. Too late. My mom already started.

"Question." I interrupted. "Why are some of your stuff still in your room?"

"I won't need it in Japan," she answered. "I got a lot of stuff home. That stuff could stay there."

"We won't change it." My mom said. "This is your home too."

"It will be there whenever you want to come back here." My dad continued. You're ready? Your flight leaves soon."

Jessica grabbed her purse. "Yeah."

"Alright. Everyone, get in the car. I'll finish loading."

My mom went out first. Jessica and I followed. We got in the car. My Dad finished up a few minutes later. Off we went to the airport. Our last destination. The whole ride we held hands.

"You got everything?" my mom asked.

"Yes." Jessica said.

"Are you sure? We could go back home and check. You could leave tomorrow."

"Mom. Stop." I said. Delaying it was not going to do anything. She was leaving. That was that.

"Yeah. I gotta go. I'm just going to feel worse if I stayed." Jessica said.

"You're always welcomed, Jessica. Call if you need anything." My dad said.

"Okay, Rick. Oh Yeah! Ray, say bye to Dashaun for me! I forgot."

"No problem." I said.

Jessica went to hug my mom first. My mom was balling like a baby. She acted like she was really her child. But I guess in a way she is now.

Next up was my dad. He was not crying. He did like Jessica though. She was a wonderful girl.

Finally it was my turn. She just looked at me and smiled for a while. Then she cried. When she did she hugged me. I held on to her tight. I really was going to miss her. I was not crying though. I did enough of that yesterday.

"I love you." I whispered in her ear.

"I love you too." she whispered back.

We detached. She looked at me some more. Should I kiss her? My parents were here and I...

She stopped my thoughts. She kissed me right on the lips. I guess she did not care about my parents being there. She was leaving anyway. No regrets. I kissed her back. We stayed like that for five seconds. It felt longer. We finally let go again.

"Alright. Bye guys." Jessica said while still looking at me. She grabbed her bag and turned.

We watched her until she went through the terminal and disappeared.

"Time for us to go." my dad hit me on my back. They started walking.

"Never again." I said.

They stopped and turned back to see what I said.

"Never do that again." I said.

They understood what I meant. They went off walking to leave me alone for a minute. If they never started this whole thing I wouldn't feel like this right now. I would be happy by myself now. Now I'm lonely with a girlfriend that lives miles away.

I stayed until I saw her plane take off. I watched it until the spec disappeared and she was out of view. I was crying now. Not a lot, but tears ran.

I repeated the only Japanese she taught me the night before.

"Watashi wa anata o aishitemasu"

I love you.

"Watashi wa anata ni futatabi hyoji sa remasu."

I'll see you again.