Chapter 20

Sunday, April 4th . Started like every other day. Until I got an unexpected phone call.

"Yo. You got a minute or a half an hour." The voice said when I answered.

"Sure.' I said.

"Alright. Meet me halfway?"

"Yea."

That was the end of the quick phone conversation. Seemed like Dashaun wanted to finally talk. I bet my soul I knew what it was about. I left to go meet up with him. From his tone it seemed he was not mad, but let me see what will happen.

Whenever we say meet half way we always mean George Hill Park. It's the other park we sometimes practice at. I usually bring a ball with me. For some reason I did not think that was going to be needed due to the pressing circumstances.

When I got there I saw Dashaun sitting on a bench watching two guys play one on one. I knew he was already there when he called me. I heard talking in the background during the phone call. I approached him .He looked up at me.

"I kind of miss practicing." He said as he got up and walked to the swing area. I followed.

"Well it's almost Spring. We will be out there playing again soon." I said.

Dashaun looked surprised. "We?"

"Yea. Listen, I was never really mad at you. And you know I never hold a grudge or get mad even if I wanted to. I do have my pride though. I just wanted to wait to see when you wanted to talk to me again. Assuming that's what this is about."

"Yea. I figured you were waiting me out. And yes, this is what it's about. I don't know why I got mad that night. I guess because I knew she did not really like me. I was frustrated."

"Bro, we're not going through this soap opera apology scene. We good?"

"Yeah." he said and we gave each other the dap. Nice to know I had my friend back. Now it's time to get into the main reason I came here because I knew we were going to make up.

Damn. Maybe i am cocky.

"I assume things did not go as planned yesterday night?" I asked him.

He paused for a second. Maybe thinking if he should say something or how he should explain it.

"I'm surprised Jessica did not tell you." He said.

"She came in and went to bed. She looked in the living room first and saw me like she wanted to say something, but she decided not to."

"I guess she has her pride too." he laughed.

"So what happened?"

"Okay boom. It started out how we planned. We were going to see a movie and go back to my house. My mom should have been gone by then because she had a night shift."

"Wow all this planning for one event." I laughed.

"Shut up and listen. The movie was fine. Then we came back to my house. My mom was gone as expected. It was ten thirty by then. Then it started to get weird. We were supposed to get right into it, you know. Then she started to go off about how she was hungry. I was like okay. I made both of us a burger. We finished that while watching TV. Now I was ready. I leaned in to kiss her, but then she said she had to go to the bathroom. She did that. She came back ten minutes later. I knew she was stalling now. So when she came back I just grabbed her."

"You was going to rape her?"

"No! I was just impatient. I grabbed her and kissed her. She kissed back. So I assumed this was it. I began to take off my shirt. Then we kissed some more. I tried to take her shirt off, but she kept holding my hand down not letting me. Suddenly, she stopped kissing me and just started crying. I'm not a douche bag so I asked her what's wrong."