Part 3: School-Winter

Chapter 14

Fall came in fast and left just as quick. Though it went fast it seemed to drag as well. Nothing new happened in school. Teachers gave out homework, tests, and quizzes. Same lunch was served like always, and of course there were occasional fights. There were no major events in school. Football team won the section and lost in the second round of States. Managed to go to all of those games with Jessica and Dashaun. Other than that school was the same all around like every other year.

As for me, I did my routine. I got up, went to school, went home, did homework, ate, watch TV, took a shower, went to bed. I did this everyday for the past four or five months. Well, everyday on the weekdays. On most of the weekends, usually Saturday, Dashaun and I played basketball. When it got cold there was a YMCA in town that kids went to. Sometimes we went to the movies or something. If we didn't do anything it was usually because Dashaun took Jessica somewhere. He took her to the movies, park, sometimes out for lunch. In school he asked out other girls as well. It was all part of his master plan to get Jessica to like him by making it seem he just wanted to be friends with her. From the stories of Jessica and Dashaun it sounded like their "dates" went well. It did not bother me they hung out together. They were friends.

Jessica and I also bonded much more. We went to every home game together. Soon she loosened up and started to cheer and get into the games. We also studied and watched anime together. Sometimes we just sat in the living room all day and watched movies. We were having a great time together. My parents noticed as well. I guess they were happy with themselves by bringing us together. I'm still mad they did it, but this time it worked out.

The only thing that confused me is our relationship. I know we are friends, but does she think we are more? The whole plan was to wait and see what happens. Sure we've been having fun together, but friends do that. The only reason why I'm confused about this is probably because of the situation we're in. If we were two people who met at school we might be dating. This is not the case, we live together. Would it be weird to date a girl living in the same house as me? Does she even want to date? I got to remember she is only here for a year. She already rejected a couple of guys (when I say guys I mean George, Ricardo, and Adam). Adam tried multiple times until he decided that she was not going to go out with him. Like I said, I don't need to look out for her.

Another complication in my life reappeared as well. Jessica and Jocelyn became friends. Best friends actually. Jocelyn comes over sometimes to do homework or just hang out with Jessica. I've tried to get Jocelyn in my house for two years. Now I can't get her to leave. Sometimes I hang out with them. When I do that, Jessica usually makes one attempt to get us alone by going off somewhere. She is still under the impression I like her for some reason. Truth is I started not too, but now that I'm seeing her more frequently it is getting difficult to not feel something towards her. She is also a great girl. I would not have liked her for two years if she wasn't.

Those were the problems I faced in Fall. Now it was November. Winter. This was my season. Not for the weather, I hate the cold, but because of basketball. It was time to show the result of my training.

"All right, boys line up." said coach Jackson.

It was November 30. Beginning of winter and it was time for tryouts. Tryouts were two days after Thanksgiving. Coach Jackson usually do this to see if someone was stupid enough to fatten up before the season. I never eat that much So I'm always fine. A lot of guys knew it was tryouts two days later so they don't eat that much either, but it is always a couple who do.

"Alright. This is a tryout." continued Coach. "That means no spot is guaranteed. You all are here to work. Earn your spot. First drill is three man weave. Go." Then he blew the whistle.