fifty-three | crimson eyes

A heartbeat stopped, falling forever silent

It caused Freya's breathing to hitch, the couple holding onto each other as they knew what it meant. Their irises collided, two hopeful smiles forming. For so long, Freya Swan had dreaded this moment, but now it came as a relief.

Then, Bella woke, embracing her new life as a vampire.

Freya didn't want to outstay her welcome, but she had volunteered to be the one to tell Bella that her daughter would eventually become a mermaid. Plus, she needed to see the change for her own eyes (as well as, confirming the proof for the Volturi).

The Cullen's welcomed the two in the living room with warm smiles. Things had shifted; they were somewhat a family now because of Bella, so Freya was doing her best to get on with them. They weren't bad — there were worse monsters in the world — though, Rosalie certainly made it hard, but even she was trying. 

Renesmee certainly held that much power.

"Hello, little Renesmee," Freya cooed, beaming down at the baby in Rosalie's arms. The child smiled back, gurgling with her hands outstretching for Freya. "Are you excited to see your Mommy?"

Rosalie handed the baby over, trying her best to offer Freya a friendly smile. Maybe the two needed to talk, but it was a conversation to be had away from a baby.

Now, however, Freya cherished what time she had with her baby cousin. Later, she would be returning home, unknowing to when she would be seeing Bella again. Jacob's hand fell on Freya's back, smiling down at the baby in her arms.

Already, Renesmee was growing incredible fast: she no longer looked like a newborn, but a baby more likely coming up for their first birthday. Freya played with Renesmee, making her giggle as she tickled her.

Then, Freya handed her back to Rosalie, just in case Bella panicked about seeing her child in a siren's arms. Emmett moved closer, letting Renesmee's hand grasp onto his finger.

"Freya, can you and Jacob go meet Bella?" Rosalie asked.

"You're sending us as a test run?" Jacob realised.

"We'll do it," said Freya.

"It would be safer for Renesmee," Carlisle confirmed.

Blood flowed through Renesmee's veins, so it was sad to think that Bella might not even be able to be around her own daughter. But, of course, Freya would do anything she could to help. The two headed outside, Freya's hand glued to Jacob's out of nerves.

But, upon seeing Bella, all her nerves vanished. The vampire before her was still her cousin with the only difference being that she was paler with crimson eyes. Freya could see it, though: this Bella glowed within her immortal life, especially when she was stood with her husband. This truly was where Bella was supposed to be.