fifty-six | crescent moon

Freya had tried not to cling to Alison on the late afternoon of the full moon

Freya had tried not to cling to Alison on the late afternoon of the full moon. There was no need for goodbyes as Alison and Leah were both coming home. After everything that had happened, Freya refused to believe she would lose her best friend. If anyone would survive the full moon, it would be Alison and Leah. Their relationship had been built on grief and darkness, so they could survive this — they had to survive.

But Freya had still hugged Alison. "I'm not saying goodbye," she told her best friend, trying to smother her fear. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

Alison smiled, grasping onto Freya's hands. "Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow," Freya believed in that too.

The two best friends had parted with Freya heading to the Cullen's, though she knew that Jasper's help was useless now to detain the siren, but still managed to spare Jacob. It could also help Elodie still, who they were meeting outside the Cullen's with Paul. Like last time, the rest of the mermaid's would be at Shelley's house, still fortunate enough to not be in the same position as the other three.

Freya smiled as Paul and Elodie emerged from the woods together holding hands.

"Cutting it a bit close," Jacob said, pointing out their late arrival.

"Blame Elodie," Paul told them with a smirk.

"We got a little distracted on the way," Elodie confessed, shooting Freya a wink that then turned into a laugh. "Glad to see that I can still make you blush, Freya."

But Freya felt her heart squeeze in the reminder of what she had recently found out about Elodie. Seeing it, Elodie sighed with a roll of her eyes.

"What have I done now?" Elodie moaned. "I swear, whatever Jacob's said, I didn't do it. Blame Paul."

Paul shot Freya a look with a small shake of his head.

"Nothing," said Freya, forcing another smile. "I've just missed you, Elle."

"Of course you've missed me," Elodie smiled at that, but Freya could tell the smile wasn't as bright as it once was. "Everyone misses me. But... the pack isn't the same without you, Freya. I can cope without you, though, Jacob."

"Thanks," Jacob mumbled.

"Take that as a compliment," Paul chuckled. "Elodie can cope without anyone."

It was true, Freya was sure. Elodie had always been independent but had started to let them all slowly into her life. Paul had gotten the closest, of course, along with Alina and Nora, but Freya was so happy to see how far Elodie had come. Now they just had to help her defeat the siren too.

They headed up to the house as Carlisle answered, welcoming them into his home. Like last time, everyone was there but Bella, Edward, and Renesmee. They were currently staying with Charlie since Freya's siren was forbidden from touching anyone in the local area (it was the only time Freya was thankful for her connection with Aro).