fourteen | the truth

The truth didn't seem possible but somehow - just like Freya being a mermaid - men changing into wolves seemed to be real

The truth didn't seem possible but somehow - just like Freya being a mermaid - men changing into wolves seemed to be real. Jacob Black, to be precise, had somehow transformed into a wolf.

The shock seemed to ripple through all three of them. Alison had taken Freya's hand, pulling her towards Bella's truck. The two other boy's had followed them - Embry and Jared - acting like what had just happened was normal for them. Sam had disappeared after the two wolves.

Now they were driving, following Embry's instructions to a place he simply described as being "Emily's place".

The house they pulled up at seemed to blend in with its surroundings, tiny, but happiness radiated from it. Freya didn't understand why they were here when they had no idea where Jacob had gone. It didn't look good the fight between Jacob and Paul that led Freya worried that Jacob would end up hurt. Plus, she still didn't trust Sam.

Both boys jumped out of the truck making it known that they were here to whoever was inside the house. Freya felt a little guilty about turning up randomly like this.

"I think we should go back and see if Jacob's okay," Bella called out from the truck window.

"We shouldn't have left him," Freya said.

"I'm sure he'll meet us here," Alison reassured her with a small smile.

"I hope Paul sinks some teeth into him," Jared speaks as Freya glares at his back. "Serves him right."

"No way," Embry argued. "Jacob's a natural. You see him phase on the fly? I got $5 says Paul doesn't touch him."

The three seemed to hesitate as they watched the two boys walk towards the house. Before entering, they both turned. "Come on. We don't bite."

"Speak for yourself," Jared mused.

Not seeming to have a choice the three climbed out of the truck, seeming to delay catching up with the boys as long as possible. Freya wanted to wait for Jacob, but she was curious to find out what was going on.

"Hey, about Emily, Sam's fiance?" Embry warned the girls. "Don't stare. It bugs Sam."

"Why would we stare?" Alison voiced what the three were thinking.

They entered the house, walking into an open kitchen. Jared and Embry already sat at the dining table, picking up a muffin each as they bit into it. "Are you guys hungry?" A woman's voice, Freya assuming Emily, spoke. "Like I have to ask."

Freya hoovered at the entrance with Bella and Alison a little anxiously. She wasn't good at meeting new people. Alison was usually the confident one, but even now the girl seemed lost on what to say.

Emily turned towards them as Freya met her gaze. She pressed her lips together, trying to mask her surprise. Sam's fiancée was beautiful with dark eyes like the night sky and hair to match. The right side of her face had a long scar that was still red, despite seeming to have healed.