Chapter 21: Raging Battle

---

Grotto PKMN Center, Sinnoh

Things were peaceful in the morning. The faint chirps of bird-like Pokémon audible in the distance, as well as the complaining groans from other Pokémon who just wanted a little more sleep.

In a certain room, four teenage Pokémon were soundly sleeping in their beds. Each was dreaming their own individual dreams, and the occasional movement only drifted off as a singular noise.

All of that silence was broken when the Pokémon Center began rumbling wildly.

Jacob jumped and fell out of his bed, soon groaning in pain as he rubbed his head.

Oliver's eyes shot open as he sat up in his bed, looking around confusedly. "Logan, does Forest Grotto have earthquakes?"

"Not that I remember..." The Scorbunny rolled out of his bed, soon standing up. "Lucy might know what's going on."

Oliver, Jacob, and Logan all ran out of the room while Sophie tried her best to sleep through the rumbling.

As the boys ran downstairs, they noticed that everything was in a state of disarray. Just like them, many Pokémon in the Pokémon Center were abruptly woken up by the unexplained rumbling.

In the main lobby, Lucy was running around, trying to attend to multiple Pokémon at once who had complaints about the rumbling.

Logan ran over, soon reaching the desk. "Lucy, what's going on?" He asked loudly, "Is there an earthquake?"

The Blissey's eyes darted to Logan. "It's not an earthquake, it's Nidoking."

"What?" Jacob and Oliver both asked loudly, appearing from behind Logan.

"He has been rampaging for some reason." She replied, "But he hasn't gotten close to the center yet, so we're okay for now."

Logan suddenly turned around, grabbing both Jacob and Oliver's arms and pulling them upstairs. He soon threw them inside the room.

"Let's move!" The Scorbunny shouted, running towards the balcony.

At this point, Sophie was already awake, and she, along with Jacob and Oliver, knew what he was referring to. Both Jacob and Sophie both followed behind Logan, and soon Oliver followed behind.

Logan vaulted over the balcony, followed closely by Jacob and Sophie. When Oliver ran to the balcony, he suddenly stopped, looking down at them.

As Jacob and Logan quickly ran towards where the rumbling was coming from, Sophie looked up at the Oshawott.

"Aren't you coming too?" The Snivy asked.

"I feel that someone should help with any problems here in the center." He answered quickly. "Just go ahead without me."

"Okay." She nodded, turning to follow Jacob and Logan.

"Hey Sophie?"

She stopped.

"Good luck."

She looked back at him and gave a faint smile. That smile quickly faded as she ran off, following behind Jacob and Logan.

---

The trio ran into the main city area, where they heard the most rumbling from. A decent amount of time passed, and after tracking the rumbling, Logan ducked into a bush, pulling Sophie and Jacob into it. "Guys be quiet."

"Neither of us were saying anything." Sophie raised an eyebrow.

"What is it?" The Pikachu looked at Logan.