Chapter 27: Logan The Scorbunny's...

---

Forest Grotto, Sinnoh

Jacob's body slammed into the ground, just having received an attack from Nidoking. He tried to get up again to keep fighting, but it seemed like his body needed a bit of a break. Nidoking went in for another punch, and the Pikachu braced for impact.

"Not so fast, bucko!!" Logan slid in, soon using a Flame Shot to repel Nidoking's arm and body.

The Scorbunny soon screamed in agony, his paws twitching and shaking as he looked at his right paw. It was black in some places, starting to be burnt from the overuse of his attack.

He looked up to see a group of Grotto Rangers watching from the partially opened shutter door to the Pokémon Center.

Logan clutched his paw, tears beginning to fall from his eyes, "You see? This is what a true Grotto Ranger is!" He gave a pained smile, "You protect others and the Grotto at all costs!!"

While Logan was busy shouting at the GR, Nidoking ran up to attack from behind, catching his attention. His eyes were quick to follow Nidoking's movements, but his body was taking longer than he expected to react.

He braced for impact...

...But it never came.

He opened his eyes to see a black and white figure standing in front of him.

"You...?"

Pan was standing in front of him, holding Nidoking's arm in place.

"It's Pan..." The Pangoro let out a faint growl, "I think I'm finally starting to get you kid..."

The leaf in his mouth shifted softly as he glared at Nidoking. Logan was standing there in surprise, his arms limp to his sides.

"I can't let him die now..." Pan thought, looking at Nidoking with a glare.

Fifteen Years Ago, Forest Grotto

"There, I win," Pan smiled, putting his paws on his hips.

"That's not fair! You were always stronger than me..." A familiar Cinderace panted faintly, putting his paws on his knees.

Pan chuckled, "All I hear are excuses from someone who doesn't want to get stronger."

"Sounds like you want to battle..." Kenny smirked, his paws glowing a bit.

"Kenny!" A feminine voice shouted loudly from in the distance.

The two stopped instantly, their eyes widening slightly.

"Babeeeee! Babeeeee!"

Kenny looked over to see his wife, Emily, running towards them at blinding speeds.

"Looks like she isn't stopping..." Pan commented, taking a few steps back from the male Cinderace.

Emily suddenly tackled the love of her life, making them tumble a few feet into a tree. The female Cinderace was conveniently sitting in his lap as she looked down at him.

"I've got news!"

"It better have been a good enough reason to tackle me..."

"I'm pregnant!"

Pan, who was taking a sip of water, immediately spat it out, "Seriously?"

"Mhm!" She smiled looking over to the Pangoro for a moment.

"Ah shit!" Kenny, who had been in shock, suddenly blurted out, ruffling his head fur.

"Are you not happy...?" Emily's ears drooped a bit.

"No, I'm really excited!" Kenney reassured her, "It's just..."