Chapter 41: Going the Extra Mile(s)!

---

Sapphire Town, Sinnoh

A familiar Rockruff was given some money and a light brown backpack by Carla after being asked to get some medicine for his friend's wound to make her pain subside. Happy to do this for her, he excitedly agreed to this task.

"Now Miles, remember what I told you to get?" Carla asked, adjusting the straps on her son's backpack.

"Yep!" He nodded cheerfully, "You said to get a potion and some wound cleaner from the store close to here for 'Kari."

The Lycanroc nodded with a smile, "Exactly."

The little Rockruff began walking towards the door, but was stopped by Carla before he could leave, "Be safe out there, okay? I don't know what's going on, but it seems that some very bad Pokémon are doing things around the area that I don't want you involved in."

"Okay Mom!" He smiled as she gave him a kiss on his forehead.

The door shot open as Miles tumbled down the steps, landing on his paws soon after. He began running off into the town, waving back at his mother, "Bye Mom! I love you!"

"I love you, too..." Carla smiled, waving him goodbye.

As she closed the door, a Dusk Lycanroc walked into the room.

"Vincent?" Carla's eyes widened, "You're back from training already?"

Vincent nodded, "I heard talk of two young Pokémon being attacked by anonymous Pokémon in their search for something. I just knew it had to be those two, trouble always seems to find a way to those troublemakers..."

"Yeah..." The Midday Lycanroc looked to the floor, "Miles is alright, just a little shaken up by the whole ordeal, but Akari..."

"Injured, I know. But where?" The Dusk Lycanroc tilted his head.

"Her front left leg. It was only superficial damage but I suspect it got infected by all of the dirt outside..."

"That could be a little bit of a problem..." Vincent looked at his mate, "Infected wounds like this are dangerous, if our son doesn't make haste, it could spread and make her wound unhealable..."

Listening to this conversation from inside a room was a familiar Zorua. She heard what Miles' father said, and gasped softly.

"Uncurbable...?"

She then suddenly smirked.

"...We'll see about that."

As he sifted through the small crowds that were gathered along the buildings around, the Rockruff ran towards the store as quickly as he could.

The Rockruff currently running through the town is a ten-year-old named Miles. Innocent by nature and compassionate by nurture, Miles is known around the town as a good little Pokemon to spend time with, or just a happy face to say hello to.

He had spent most of his life living in Sapphire Town, and had gotten accustomed to living there pretty well. He knew almost everyone from the town, but generally stuck to a small group, his parents and his friends.

Speaking of his friends, he couldn't stop thinking about what happened to his friend.

It was just another normal day, they had been playing tag for the greater part of the afternoon. Everything was how it should've been, and their cross with those two dangerous Pokémon were just the thing to completely shake up their lives.

He wasn't too sure about whether meeting Mark and those four other Pokémon was a good or a bad thing.

Miles shook his head quickly, snapping out of his daze. There was no time to think over the details right there and then. He had to get the medicine back home and into his friend's leg.