Chapter 60: Parallels of Past

[Years Ago]

A cold breeze rushed over what was originally a silent stretch of land atop a small hill. While for most of the year, this particular area remained uninhabited, with only the occasional Flying Type Pokémon soaring over to collect their morning nourishment. Though this morning in particular was different. Instead of the sound of leaves being rustled by the constant breezes wafting over, those around could hear the sounds of an ongoing struggle.

Feet gliding across the grass beneath him, a Dewott steadied his body as he slid back and away from another Pokémon. The Water Type panted, twirling both of his scalchops in his paws to the point where they appeared to be circular blades in his paws. He gazed ahead at the Pokémon he was facing, eyes narrowing. If he wasn't careful, he would be beaten before he could even take another breath.

Standing in front of the panting Dewott was a Raichu, who wore an excited grin. The two Pokémon, seemingly stationed in the middle of nowhere, were in the middle of a morning sparring session. While the Raichu seemed comfortable, bouncing off of each of his feet every few seconds, the Dewott was more focused, scanning every aspect of the Electric Type to find a weak point.

The Dewott's glare sharpened exponentially as he took a different stance, holding one of his scalchops toward the Raichu in front of him, and holding the other behind him, both of his arms stretched out completely.

Silence fell. While the Dewott remained still, his stance allowing no openings to be seen, the Raichu stood relaxed on the other side of the small flat area.

He closed his eyes for just a moment, his smile growing in magnitude, "Okay. Let's get serious."

The Raichu's paw was suddenly enveloped in surging electricity, so much so to the point where the sparks generated by his paw singed the grass beneath him. The Discipline Pokémon took a small step back. He knew that the Raichu's Thunder Punch was nothing to scoff at, especially since he was a Water Type.

"Bring it!" The Dewott shouted, suddenly throwing one of his scalchops at the Raichu.

The Raichu swiftly avoided the scalchop, watching it closely as it whooshed by. The instant he turned back around to look at his sparring opponent, he realized that the other scalchop was heading right for his face. The Mouse Pokémon gasped before he crouched down, his surprise causing him to lose his Thunder Punch.

Noticing this, the Dewott lunged at the Raichu, his paw glowing white. His paw swiftly came down with every intention to hit the Electric Type with his Brick Break. The Raichu jumped to his left, thankfully avoiding the attack. He then used his long, stringy tail to wrap around the Dewott's wrist.

"Gotcha!" The Raichu chuckled.

The Dewott raised his eyebrow, "Really?"

After being previously thrown and avoided, the first scalchop swiftly smacked the Raichu on the back of his head. This disoriented the Electric Type enough to the point where his tail had let go of the Dewott's wrist.

"Copy..." The Dewott smirked.

Clenching his paw, the Discipline Pokémon decided to draw another card from his deck. A move that he had been studying and trying to learn for months. His clenched paw began to spark faintly with electricity, beginning to generate a charged Thunder Punch of his own.

Copycat.

He slammed his clenched paw into the Raichu's chest, using the electricity charged paw in order to send his opponent flying. This sudden attack didn't come without consequence, though, as he could feel a piercing pain shoot through the arm he used to punch the Raichu with. Keeling over, he groaned in agony, having not expected for it to have as much kickback as it did.