Chapter 23: Into the Pyroar's Den

---

Grotto PKMN Center, Sinnoh

In the morning, Logan woke up to be in a dark place. He looked around confusedly, trying to see where he was. His paws felt something soft and comfortable. He tried to stretch his limbs, but the soft material around him was preventing his movement.

His paw began emanating heat as he got a bit agitated, "Lemme out, or I'm blowing this thing to pieces!"

He was suddenly dropped on the floor, making his let out a pained groan.

Once he was let out, he faced a familiar Aipom.

"What the? Leah?" Logan asked, looking at her, "Where am I?"

"You're in our room," Logan heard a door shut behind him, and it was revealed to be Frost.

"So could anyone tell me what the hell is going on?" The Scorbunny stood up to see his whole team sitting in various areas of the room.

"Well," Simon cleared his throat, "My studies have found that Nidoran and Nidorino have been gathering in a certain location more and more since around... Two days ago."

"Isn't that when me, Jacob, and Sophie fought Nidoking?" The Scorbunny looked at Simon, his mind racing.

"So that's when I suggested getting you, since you're kind of the leader and all," Leah continued for Simon, "What should we do next?"

"The answer's obvious," Logan grinned, "We go in for an ambush!"

"You know, Logan..." Frost looked at him with a smile, "You have some crazy ideas sometimes, but that idea right there, might've been the stupidest yet. We'd all die!"

"Okay, fair point," The Scorbunny sighed, "Maybe instead of going in for an ambush, we get the location and research in order to do one on a larger scale."

"Exactly as I suggested," Simon smiled, satisfied with his answer.

"Logan, what changed?" Leah suddenly piped up, "It seems like you actually know what you're doing? You have a set goal for the end of this, don't you?"

"Of course I do," He stood up, "Defeat Nidoking, and take the Grotto back."

---

Forest Grotto, Sinnoh

Later on, the five snuck out of the center, and began following Simon to where he had documented. As they were walking, Leah kept glancing at Logan every minute or so, and the Scorbunny didn't seem to notice.

She didn't know how to bring up the fact that Logan had hardly checked up on them ever since he was assigned to stay with Oliver, Jacob, and Sophie. It was almost like they didn't really exist for a while. Was she the only one to notice this?

And his plan to defeat Nidoking? It was ambitious, sure. Possible? Hard maybe. Insane? Definitely. She could hardly begin to wrap her head around this idea.

"Hey, Chomps," Frost looked over to her Carnivine friend, breaking the silence, "I know you really wanna bite, but this time around, we're going for stealth."

Chomps nodded, understanding.

"But if anything goes wrong, I want you to bite as hard as you can."

The Carnivine's expression brightened as he quickly nodded.

Simon looked at the two, a slight amusement in his expression, "Hopefully, nothing will go wrong. I wouldn't want to have to fight my way out of an army."