Chapter 37: Plus-Sized Panic!

---

Lake Tempest, Southern Sinnoh

Early in the morning, a family of Pidgey were sleeping soundly on branches of a tree, some sleeping against each other, others plainly sleeping inside a nest. One of the Pidgey yawned, silenty opening an eye.

The area was barely illuminated by the sun that hadn't yet gone over the horizon, the stars in the sky being reflected on a nearby lake.

The Pidgey flew up to a nearby branch, a few feathers falling to the ground. She yawned once more, looking around for something on the ground to eat.

"Early Pidgey gets the worm, hm?" A voice asked from behind, startling her.

"Jeez... You scared me, Avie!" The first Pidgey exclaimed, huffing silently.

"Whoops..." She smiled nervously, "Sorry, Wing..."

Wing looked at the ground once more, "Think I can catch a good worm today, Sis?"

"Doubt it..." She answered, snickering to herself, "The best worm you were able to catch was that one stick you assumed was a worm back when we were younger."

Wing blushed embarrassedly, "It was a one time thing, okay!?"

Avie then smirked, "I bet dinner that you won't catch a worm by yourself. Put your food where your beak is, Sis."

"Deal!"

"Okay, ready...." Avie smiled, getting ready to send her off, "You have one hour, go!"

Wing jumped off of the branch, diving towards the ground as quickly as she could. She soon began flying inches above the ground, trying to see any worms straggling on the blades of grass.

She then flew a decent distance from the ground, preparing her wings, "Okay... Now for a quick Gust–!"

"Not so fast, Sis!" Avie bumped into Wing, making her fall a bit before re-adjusting her flight, "I said by yourself, meaning no assistance from attacks and extra stuff."

"Ugh, no fair!"

"Completely fair. You gotta prove you can do it."

Suddenly, a booming noise could be heard, making both of them squawk in surprise and nearly fall to the ground. They soon flew back up with wide eyes, "What the heck was that?"

"Come on, Oliver!!" A voice shouted, "Let's pick up the early morning training!"

"R-Right!"

A familiar Scorbunny ran towards an Oshawott and went for a punch to the face. The Oshawott avoided the attack before pulling his scalchop from his stomach and using Razor Shell to fend him off.

Oliver suddenly threw the scalchop at Logan, "I need to end this training session as soon as possible... I need some sleep..."

The Oshawott used an Aqua Jet to rocket towards Logan, who only gave a toothy smile.

"That's what I like to see, Oliver!!" The Scorbunny exclaimed, sticking out a paw and firing a Flame Shot at Oliver, who used it to ricochet off of it and grab his scalchop before using it to slice Logan.

Before he could execute the attacking part, Logan used another Flame Shot to repel Oliver, launching him back and into the ground.

While Oliver and Logan continued training, Sophie's eyebrows twitched every time she heard a booming noise from outside. The Snivy put her small pillow over her head.

A loud crash could then be heard, "I won't let you beat me that easily!!" Logan shouted.