Chapter 35: Rematch!

---

Forest Grotto, Sinnoh

"Here we go again..." Jacob huffed faintly, standing on the right side of the small clearing in a section of the forest.

Dawn stood on the right side of the clearing, stretching her arms.

A few Pokémon in the Grotto had heard the small murmurs of a battle happening in the forest, and were glad to see that there was a battle happening that was competitive instead of life-threatening.

They all stood around the two in a large, scattered circle. Some were leaning against trees, others, like Leah, were sitting on tree branches.

Logan walked up to the middle of the clearing, between the two combatants.

"I'll call it off!" The Scorbunny exclaimed, "This will be a battle between Jacob and Dawn, the battle will end when either one is unable to continue, or gives up!"

Jacob clenched his paws, electricity sparking from his red cheeks. He let out a soft exhale, calming himself down for a moment, "She's a good battler..."

Dawn slightly cracked her neck, a faint drop of sweat running down her face, "I have to be careful about that... Power."

"Either way..." Both thought at once, staring the other down.

Logan's paws began to heat up, "Start!!" He suddenly used a Flame Shot out of both of his paws to launch himself upwards and out of the way.

Through Logan's smoke, Dawn suddenly appeared from out of it, her body glowing white.

"Her Quick Attack is faster than..." Jacob gasped faintly before his thoughts were cut off by Dawn getting right in front of him and going for a punch to his gut.

The Pikachu went to defend himself by blocking, but Dawn suddenly jumped up, using her momentum to kick Jacob's face, making him fall back onto the ground.

"Ugh... Focus!"

Jacob saw her running at him to try and finish it off as quickly as possible. Jacob's cheek sacs sparked electricity before he shot it at Dawn, specifically at the right side of her body, forcing her to dodge to her left and Jacob's right.

The Pikachu jumped up onto his feet before trying to use a quick Dynamic Punch.

Dawn managed to barely avoid this attack before she grabbed his paw and dug her feet into the ground, spinning him around in circles.

She then quickly threw the Pikachu toward a tree, a soft smirk on her face.

Jacob flipped himself around a few times before he landed on the tree sideways and jumped off of it, charging another Dynamic Punch as he went in her direction.

Meanwhile...

The sound of cheering alerted both Oliver and Sophie as they were walking through Forest Grotto with a few bags of berries in their paws.

"What the heck is that?" Oliver asked, looking in the direction of the cheering, which was in the forest.

The two headed over, and Oliver's eyes widened.

Jacob was there, locked in combat with Dawn.

"Jacob!" Oliver shouted over at him, a bit confused, "What are you doing? We told you to do the shopping!"

"I did!" The Pikachu pushed Dawn back before running over to a nearby tree, pulling out a few shopping bags.

"Sophie, catch!" Jacob threw the bags toward the Snivy, who managed to catch them easily.