Chapter 22: One Step Forward

---

Grotto PKMN Center, Sinnoh

After their talk, Oliver and Sophie walked back to the room that they shared with Jacob and Logan. The Oshawott opened the door before being instantly tackled to the ground by a yellow flash.

"Ollie!" Jacob exclaimed, looking at him. "You're not alone in this! We'll help you, don't worry!"

The Oshawott chuckled, pushing his best friend off of him. "You're a bit too late. Sophie just said that."

"Well I would've been the one to say it first if she hadn't insisted on being the one to talk to you." Jacob looked at the Snivy with a suspicious look.

"She what?" Oliver's eyebrow raised.

"That's not important." Sophie quickly interrupted, pushing Jacob to the side. "Now that we have things settled, we can continue with our planning."

"Right!" Logan's enthusiasm seemed to return instantly whenever something involving beating Nidoking was involved.

"Now that we have an actual type advantage, all we need is an effective strategy." Oliver told the three, sitting down on Logan's bed. "Any ideas?"

"Okay, what attacks can you guys use anyways?" Logan piped up, crossing his arms.

"Uhh... Not that many." Jacob smiled nervously.

"How many? And what attacks?" The Scorbunny reiterated his question.

"I can use Reflect, Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, and after activating my power, Dragon Claw." Sophie answered his question. "I know the maximum amount of attacks a Pokémon can learn."

"What?" Jacob asked loudly, walking over to her. "Why didn't you whip Reflect or Swords Dance out during the fight then?"

"It's not like I had the time to do that." The Snivy replied quickly, "We had to fight as fast as possible without giving him any time to attack back."

"Wait." Oliver's eyes widened. "No time to attack... That could work for a long-term strategy."

"Hm?" Sophie looked at the Oshawott, a bit interested to see where he was going with that statement.

"A suppressive flurry of attacks would be able to wear him down, and keep ourselves from being attacked in the process!" Oliver told the three, "It would also result in a quicker fight than it would be normally."

"I still gotta know what attacks you're working with, though." Logan interjected, a deadpan expression spread on his face. "What are your attacks?"

"Why are you so insistent on knowing what our attacks are?" Jacob questioned, getting a bit annoyed. "Are you planning to try and kill me again?"

"Are you still on that?" The Scorbunny asked loudly, putting his paws on his hips, "I thought we were cool!"

"Both of you, stop." Oliver sighed, lightly pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation. "I don't see the harm in telling him about our attacks, since we already know his."

"Well yeah, because he only has one attack." The Pikachu muttered with a pout.

"Either way, we know his attack." The sea otter Pokémon spoke, "So we might as well. We're a team, after all. We need to be able to synchronize properly."

"I know Thunderbolt and Dynamic Punch." Jacob finally answered defeatedly, "Though I mostly use Dynamic Punch."

"I know Razor Shell and Aqua Jet." Oliver smiled, glad that Jacob finally stopped being stubborn.