Chapter 64: Escape from Galar

---

Metro City, Sinnoh

"Again!"

A large explosion rose from a particular area in the bustling metropolis of Metro. That area was the backyard of a house on the outskirts of the city. One that belonged to a shiny Cinderace, who stood on one side of the grassy fenced area. A menacing grin grew on the Striker Pokémon's face, looking at the Pokémon who was facing her. A Scorbunny, who wiped his mouth as he struggled to find his footing.

The sun had just begun to set over the horizon, the bright glow of the golden hour making it evident that the day was slowly coming to a close. The same could be said about Logan's battle against the Cinderace in front of him. A cool breeze wafted by, brushing against the various scrapes and bruises the Scorbunny had obtained while battling.

"Oh come on, don't tell me you've given up already!" The gray-furred Cinderace crossed her arms, teasing the exhausted Scorbunny.

Logan looked up at the Cinderace, his eyes growing bloodshot, "Shut up!"

He dashed at the Cinderace, who took a stance and prepared herself for another battle. The hotheaded Scorbunny quickly stuck a paw out toward the Cinderace's face in preparation for another Flame Shot, but this proved to be futile, as a familiar sharp stinging pain rose from it, causing him to wince in pain and hesitate to use the evolved attack. This gave the Cinderace ample opportunity to spin around and deliver a devastating heel kick to the top of Logan's head, sending him crashing into the ground.

"Too slow!" She exclaimed, looking down at the smaller Pokémon.

Logan didn't stay down for long, though, suddenly bouncing up and trying to kick the Cinderace any way he could. She was agile, though, avoiding and blocking whatever attacks were thrown her way. The Striker Pokémon then took a few steps back in order to try and use an attack of her own, but she stopped the instant she saw Logan stick both of his paws out to her.

Like before, the Flame Shots fired off caused another burst of flames to shoot her way. He winced, as he had reached his body's limit for producing Flame Shots a while ago. The Cinderace didn't flinch, though, only charging through the flames and punching Logan square in his face.

"Your fire is weak, little one!"

Taking the full brunt of this attack, Logan fell onto the ground once more, but unlike the previous few times he had been knocked onto his back, he didn't have the strength to get back up. He looked up at the shiny Cinderace, who simply brushed off her fur and raised a brow.

"So... This is what you're working with..." The Cinderace's playful demeanor immediately dropped, a more blunt and cold version of her personality taking its place, "This is what happens when you aren't trained by those in our family."

Logan, enraged, opened his mouth to respond, but only a pained groan left his body. He was only able to speak once the Cinderace turned away from him and began walking, "What the hell? How are you so strong!?"

"You forget that all of us have the potential for this kind of strength..." The Cinderace answered, turning her head to glance at the Scorbunny, "...Sinnoh has made you weak, little one. As did your parents."

"What's that supposed to mean!?" Logan struggled to stand, not willing to hear the shiny Cinderace speak about his parents in such a way.

The Cinderace's glare sharpened, making Logan flinch, "Had your parents not done what they decided to do, then maybe you would have more access to learning about your Flame Shots, and what they can do."