II Chapter 1 II

The phone rung. I picked it up and listened to the person on the other end. "Soojin! When will you charge your phone? It's switched off since yesterday and I had no choice but to call you on the landline! Dumbassss, please charge your phone." Eun Dan Oh whined. 

I'm Dan Oh's best friend, Soojin. I love hearing her talk and giving her all the time in the world. And honestly, she's beautiful. She's smart, kind, cute and just so loveable. I'm not a person who can show my love very boldly, so I just give her gifts all the time to lessen her overthinking. I'm always scared of losing her. Her health keeps deteriorating and going back to normal again, but recently, her conditions are getting worse. So I give her all the time I possibly can just to keep her happy. 

"Ahhh yes, I'm so sorry Dan Oh-ya, I'll charge it right now. Just give me a second." I replied, and I heard her say good on the other end of the phone. I smiled and ran up the stairs to my room, hoping I could get there faster so I can call her. 

I eventually went up and got ready for school after plugging my phone to charge. I brushed my hair and sang into the hair brush like a mic. I was singing the song Everytime by Ariana Grande when my mom burst open the door. She started laughing and I turned red of embarrassment. "Ya, get ready to go soon. Your hair's a mess because of your dance. Hurry up or I'll leave without you." I nodded and brushed my hair properly. I put on a bit of makeup and saw that my phone had reached 30% which was enough for right now. Plus, I'd just charge it in my mom's car on the drive to school. 

By the time I reached the school, my phone had charged to 70%. I ran inside the school and bumped into Baek Kyung. He stabilized me and walked away without a word. I was flustered, but I started running again to see Dan Oh. I saw her walking down the hallway and entering our class. I gave her a tight back hug. She turned around and smiled. When i saw her smile, not only did my heart smile, my whole soul did too. 

"I missed you! You doing alright?" She asked as she held on to my shoulders. "Yup, I'm fine. I missed you too." I replied, still smiling from her sweetness. "I have something really important to tell you. Let's sit down and I'll break it to you." I nod and enter the class by her side. Baek Kyung was already there, sitting in a lazy position. I don't know if it's me being delusional, but he smiled when he saw me. Maybe it was because of Dan Oh. I'm in love with him and I know that very well, but I would never betray my best friend like that. I turned away my gaze and focused on her. She told me to sit down and she did too. She leaned into me and whispered into my ear saying, "Don't tell anyone, but I don't love Baek Kyung at all." I gasped. I pushed away from her and stared right into her eyes. "Are you fucking kidding me? This has to be a prank." I replied, still not being able to accept her confession. "No, no, I'm not kidding! Seriously, I have never loved him. I know the way you look at him, Soojin. And I really appreciate you being the most loyal best friend ever and staying away from him. But the thing is, you don't have to. He's yours, and he always has been." Tear drops started falling from my eyes and as I let out a huge sigh of relief. The guilt that has been killing me for years is finally gone. I can love him without a single worry in the world now. She smiled and wiped away my tears. 

"Well, what about the fact that you guys are engaged?" I asked. "Oh come on, there's no way you're asking this. You know that my dad will break off the engagement as soon as I ask him to, right? And you also know that Baek Kyung has never loved me either, so don't worry about that. Just get him and I'll speak to dad as soon as you guys date." "Really?!" I screamed in disbelief. "Yes, Soojin, really, I'm going to take the class now." The teacher said from near the doorway. I laughed and straightened up myself for the class. 

* * *