II Chapter 6 II

Soojin's P.O.V.

Baek Kyung has been acting weird these days. It's almost like he totally forgot the fact that we had dinner together. And when I pack him lunches and put it on his table when he's gone, he comes back to class and looks around like he doesn't know who keeps the lunch boxes for him. But thankfully, he does eat it. 

While I was lost in my thoughts, I saw Eun Dan Oh sprint across the hallway towards me and she landed straight on me. I held her tight and I did prevent us both from falling down. "Michil geo gata! (I feel like I'm going crazy!) I transfer to different places in an instant, everyone except you keeps repeating the same lines over and over again, a few days just fly by in an instant, sometimes I can't move or speak according to my wish and my dad doesn't seem to remember a few things and I think I have Alzheimer's disease!" She said all these things in an instant. I looked at her with wide eyes and I said, "Why does it sound so similar to my problems? Why am I experiencing the same things as you? Why?" She looked at me with a shocked expression because I think she wasn't expecting that I would be facing the same problems. 'We need to figure this out." We both said in sync while looking at each other. 

Eun Dan Oh's P.O.V.

It was break time and I ran over to the library to search for a book that I found suspicious. It's almost always out of its spot and whenever the book is there, it floats. It legit floats in the air as if it's telling me to read it. I ran to the library as fast as I could and thankfully, I found the book. It was still floating in the air. I took the book and just flipped through the pages carelessly when I saw a page which was very, and I mean very alike to the scene that Baek Kyung caused this morning. I read the page and the characters looked very much like me and Baek Kyung. I even saw Soojin in the background sitting inside the class. I was shocked. While I was thinking about the book, Baek Kyung came out of nowhere and held my hand roughly. I tried to get out of his grip and I did successfully do it. In his low and intimidating voice, Baek Kyung said, "You always have to do this don't you? You always complain to your father about everything and tell him that I didn't go to the hospital with you! Will you just stop it?! YOU KNOW I HATE SICK GIRLS! STOP FOLLOWING ME!" I was on the verge of crying because I was overwhelmed by all the things going on around me. I ran away from the library. 

Soojin's P.O.V.

I was following Eun Dan Oh so that I could protect her. Recently, Baek Kyung is acting like his past self. Having anger issues, never smiling, attacking random people and screaming at other people for no reason. I know that he may scream at Eun Dan Oh and I clearly know that Dan Oh is a very sensitive girl. She can't handle a lot of emotional pain. 

I followed Dan Oh into the library and I saw her pick up a book called 'Secret'. I wanted to read it but I waited till she went away. I saw Baek Kyung coming towards her and I heard what he said. I wanted to go protect Eun Dan Oh because she looked like she was scared but before I could go forward, she ran away. I went towards Baek Kyung and grabbed his hand angrily. He glared at me and I glared right back at him. I pressed his hand so hard, I'm sure it must have formed a red mark on his hand. I told him, "Baek Kyung, I don't care if you're my crush. I will kill you if you hurt my best friend. If you hurt Dan Oh again, I will fucking dump you're ass and never look back at you again. Dare to scream at my best friend again and I'll tear your mouth apart and pull out that vicious tongue of yours. Arachi?(understood?)" He nodded because he was scared. I let go of his hand and he walked out of the library as fast as he could. I finally picked up the book and I opened it. I saw something that scared the shit out of me. I saw some characters in the book fighting in the book with the same thing that happened right now between Eun Dan Oh and Kyung. I saw the boy say, "You always have to do this don't you? You always complain to your father about everything and tell him that I didn't go to the hospital with you! Will you just stop it! YOU KNOW I HATE SICK GIRLS! STOP FOLLOWING ME!" Why is the character's dialogue same as the one Baek Kyung said right now? Why is the girl character's facial structure and expression so same to that of Eun Dan Oh? Why is the other girl character hiding behind a book shelf in the library looking at them? Why does she look like me? What is this? Why is this so similar to what happened now? I drop the book out of my hand and run for my life. I don't know if someone's watching us or something, but I'm scared.

*After a few days* 

Dried Squid Fairy's P.O.V.

I see Eun Dan Oh come into the cafeteria and look at the 'Secret' book suspiciously. No! I can't let her see it! She'll be aware that she's a comic book character if she sees this. I immediately sit on the book and I see Eun Dan Oh walk away while eyeing me suspiciously. 

I was cleaning the counters of the school cafeteria's kitchen when Eun Dan Oh popped up again. She cunningly stole the book from me and started reading it. After she read some parts of it, she asked me about it and I told her the truth. I said, "We're all comic book characters. We're bound to play the roles that the author gives us. We can't change what's going to happen." Eun Dan Oh looked at me weirdly and she said, "You want me to believe that ?" I nodded. She went out of the cafeteria kitchen without telling me what she thinks about all this.

Soojin's P.O.V.

"I believe you." I said to Dried Squid Fairy as I walked towards him. I was just walking around the cafeteria trying to find something to eat when I heard the conversation between Dried Squid Fairy and Dan Oh. 

Dried Squid Fairy looked shocked. He said, "You do-?" "Yes, I do believe you. I mean, it all makes sense. The puzzle pieces are falling in just the right places. The repetition of lines, different scenes after the sound of pages flipping, us saying the same things that the book has- you know what I mean." He nodded. I said, "And I also know that I'm not the main character of this book. Nam Ju and Yeo Joo Da are." He was dumbfounded. He stared at me for sometime and said, "You sure are smart." I nodded and said, "Of course I am." He told me to sit down. He explained everything to me. Even though I already knew so much, learning about the 'shadow' and 'scene' shocked me to the core. Why was the author so cruel? I asked Dried Squid Fairy a question. I said, "Can you show me the characters?" He agreed and showed me all the characters. "Nam Ju is the male lead, Yeo Joo Da is the female lead Do Hwa is the second male lead. Wait what the fuck? Lee Do Hwa is such a sweet heart! If Baek Kyung wasn't my crush, Do Hwa would be my crush! Why is he the second lead?" I screamed at Dried Squid Fairy. He flinched and then just shrugged. "Anyways, let's continue. Shin Sae Mi, Kim Il Jin and Jung Yeo Jin are the bullies.  Baek Kyung's fiancé is Eun Dan Oh and I'm just Eun Dan Oh's best friend." I looked straight at Jinmichae (Dried Squid Fairy). I said, "Does that mean that I have no chance with Baek Kyung? Even the author doesn't want me to be related to Baek Kyung in anyway." Jinmichae nodded sadly. I sighed sadly.

* * *