II Chapter 18 II

Baek Kyung's P.O.V.

I kept thinking about the plan I had made to make Soojin gain her memory back. I'm still pretty unsure if it's going to work but I'm going to give it a try. I can't just give up on her. I love her with my whole heart and she needs to know that. I love her more than anyone else. She was always there for me when other people weren't and she kept holding onto the love she had for me even though I didn't appreciate her before. 

"I'm going to get you back Soojin. And this time, I won't let go of you. If you're going to disappear, so am I." I murmured to myself as I opened the entry gate of our school. I walked into the school and immediately spotted Soojin. She was once again bullying someone, but this time, she looked like she didn't want to do it. She kept hesitating in between her saying the curse words out loud and even tried to closed her mouth with her hand but she failed. She kept going and I ran to her. When I reached her, I touched her scar. She flinched and stopped cursing. I let her scar go. She was going to scream at me but she stopped as she heard the bell ring. It was time for class and both me and her ran to class to not get a tardy. When we reached, I tripped and was finally able to balance by using Soojin's hand. I looked at her ready to get screamed at again but instead, she helped me gained my balance back and laughed. Gosh, I missed that laugh so much. I hadn't heard it for a month now. She kept laughing and I grinned. 

Our teacher told us to come in and we did go in. This afternoon after school, I'll make sure I try the plan I've been planning for a long time now. 

Time Skip.

"Come with me!" I said as I grabbed Soojin's hand and pulled her out of her car before she started heading home. She kept pulling away from me and told me to stop but I didn't listen to her and dragged her out of the car gently. She persisted but after some time, when I still didn't give up, she sighed and got out. 

We walked for a while and reached the bus stand. She gave me a questioning look but I patted her back to reassure her that she was safe. She nodded and got on the bus. 

We rode the bus for a few hours and finally, we reached the place where our field trip was held before. She didn't seem to remember anything, but I still had hope. I held her hand and led her into the forest. She was a bit scared but kept walking with me. We walked for an hour before we reached the place. It was the same field of dandelions where me and Soojin first made a connection and she sang a song to me. 

I walked away from her and picked up a dandelion and gave it to her. She held it and gave me a confused look. I shook my body nervously as I didn't know if my plan was going to work or not.

I gave her one last smile to her before I started singing.

 'Maybe it's the way you say my name
Maybe it's the way you play your game

But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you

And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine...

I gave a sad smile as I paused. I saw her still looking confused and there wasn't any hint of her getting a memory of us together. I was about to give up when, I had this idea. I gasped happily and walked over to Soojin. I made her wear the necklace the old lady gave to me (the necklace which consisted her flower petal ashes). She wore it hesitantly and observed it. Once her scar touched the necklace, she flinched in pain again. I blew on the scar so that it would hurt less. After she said that it didn't hurt anymore, I nodded and started singing again. 

'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine

And I see forever in your eyes

I feel okay when I see you smile, smile 

Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine

Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time'

Soojin grabbed her head in pain and fell down on her knees. I rushed over to her and kept asking her worriedly. I said, "Soojin! Soojin talk to me, are you okay? What's wrong?" She kept shaking her head and pulled her hair. I grabbed Soojin's hand and kept her calm. After a while, she stopped grabbing her head in pain.

She looked at me with teary eyes and said, "Baek Kyung?" "Yes?" I asked her as I held her hand hoping that she remembered me. She smiled sadly and said, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for forgetting you and not being there for you. I'm so sorry I disappeared. So sorry that I broke my promise of staying with you forever and not leaving you side." She broke down in tears. "It's okay. It really wasn't your fault. But do you remember me now? Do you remember our moments together?" I asked her as I was on the verge of crying. She nodded and said, "I remember you now." A happy tear dropped out of my eyes. I let out a relieved sigh as I looked up at the sky to stop my tears. I looked back at her and said, "Tell me about the time you took me somewhere on someone's death anniversary." She said, "Oh yeah I remember! It was your mom's death anniversary and I took you to her grave with flowers in between class right? You smiled at me and thanked me genuinely!" I nodded happily as I wiped the tears in her eyes. "And tell me about the time we came here!" I said. She said, "We came on a field trip here and me and Eun Dan Oh exchanged our chits and I luckily ended up with you. We wandered inside this forest and I found this field of dandelions," "Yes, keep going!" I said happily. She said, " and I sang this song to you!" "YES!" I said as I hugged her tightly. She hugged me back and we stayed like that for a solid minute. I pulled away as I tucked the hair falling on her face behind her ear. She smiled and kissed me. I kissed back.  

Finally, after so much pain and so many hardships, we were together. This moment brought so much happiness to me. I wish this moment would never end. This is the happiest I've ever been in my life. Shitty storyline, abusive parents, unsupportive brother, friends who always leave me alone, to be honest, I've gotten used to this life. But, for the most part, don't I deserve a little happiness too?

"What are you thinking about?" Soojin said to me as she held my hand. I said, "Just a little bit sad that I was so lonely without you." She smiled and said, "Do you remember how you always used to listen to that one song and sing the lyrics to yourself? 

So if you're lonely, no need to show me, if you're lonely, come be, lonely, with me..." 

I said, "You still remember that?" She laughed and said, "How could I forget? I loved you and I still love you Mr. Baek Kyung!" I smiled as I saw how much she cared about me. "I love you too." Was what I said to her as she leaned her head against my shoulder. 

I'm so glad she's back.  

* * * 

Hi guys! I hope you liked this chapter! I'm so proud of myself for coming up with these creative ideas and writing a chapter like this! After all, I'm #1 ranker in creativity in my state ;) But anyways, enough bragging here, tell me how you liked this chapter! This book is almost coming to an end and I'm so proud of myself. Love ya'll! Fact of the day coming through! 

Fact about Eun Dan Oh: Although Dan Oh hasn't appeared in some of the last few chapters, she was still one of the people who was searching for Soojin. Do Hwa too helped Dan Oh search for Haru and Soojin but Dan Oh wasn't successful in finding Soojin. When she figured out that Haru was back, she helped him gain his memory back. Haru and Dan Oh haven't appeared in this chapter because they both were planning on how to bring Soojin's memory back. 

But can we all talk about the fact that I'm staying up till eleven p.m. to write this for ya'll? Like, I truly do love ya'll-