II Chapter 5 II

*10 years ago*
8 year old Soojin's P.O.V.

"So what do you say Mr. Kyung? The deal's good right? When are we going to hold the engagement?" My dad said to Baek Kyung's father. Baek Kyung's father stood up and smirked while looking at my father. He said, "Mr. Lee, I think it's time. I have to tell you about Baek Kyung and Eun Dan Oh's engagement. It has already been set for tomorrow. Baek Kyung won't be able to marry your daughter Soojin in the future. Anyways, she's a pretty little girl and I'm sure she'll be able to find herself a new husband. How about Do Hwa? He's a good recommendation!" My father looked at Mr. Kyung with disbelief. He said, "Mr. Kyung, how can you do this to our family? I thought you said you're son loved my daughter! My daughter was so happy! Get out of my house. Get out of my house right now or I'll drag you down the stairs and out of the house myself!" I flinched a little as my dad screamed at Mr. Kyung. My dad noticed and kneeled down. He said, "Oh my sweet little daughter. Were you scared? Let's get you to bed shall we?" I nodded and my dad carried me and took me to my room. He put me on the bed and started reading me a bed time story. I interrupted and said, "Daddy, won't I be able to talk to Baek Kyung anymore? He's my only friend you know? I actually liked him a lot daddy." My dad smiled and said, "Soojin-ah, my dear daughter, why wouldn't you be friends with him anymore? You can still be friends with Baek Kyung and Eun Dan Oh okay? Now go to sleep and we'll go to the amusement park tomorrow, okay?" "Okay daddy." And I felt tired and I went to sleep.

*Present time*

Soojin's P.O.V.

I sigh while looking at out the window in our classroom. I got some flashbacks of the sad night when I figured out Baek Kyung wasn't going to be mine anymore. Even though I was only eight years old, I still knew what it felt like to see the love of your life getting engaged to your best friends. I know Baek Kyung doesn't belong to me. I know that no matter how hard I try, at the end, he'll still be hers. But it doesn't hurt to try does it? People say that if you like someone for more than four months, it's considered love. The fact that I have been liking this guy for 10 years while knowing that he's engaged just makes me feel sorry for myself and him. Imagine loving someone for 10 years and still not being able to achieve their heart. Isn't that just pitiful?

Do Hwa's P.O.V.

I was walking through the hallway when I see Soojin sitting on the desk with a sad expression. I had to make her happy. She used to be my crush after all. I walk to her and end up at her desk. She looks at me and smiles. I smile back and say in a pirate's voice, "Howde Captain! May I know what adventures we're going on next today? Been a while since we went on one, eh?" She laughed like a baby and said, "You're so cute!" I blush and say, "Thank you captain!" She smiled and nodded. The bell rang and I said goodbye to Soojin, and I ran to class.

Baek Kyung's P.O.V.

"Class is over. Go have some fun and Kim Sang Ho, get yo ass away from me cuz I can't answer your math questions. Goodbye." "But teach-" "I SAID GOODBYE." "Alright."

Our class ended with Kim Sang Ho crying because the teacher didn't help him find out the radius of a circle. I saw Soojin go over to him and say, "Kim Sang Ho, why the fuck is you so worried about the radius of a circle? Like, who the fuck cares? It ain't gonna help you in the future unless you wanna be Einstein or somethin'. See? Even our teacher doesn't care about the radius of this damn circle. To be honest, 3/4 of what we study doesn't come to our use in the future. Like, in 7th grade, I learnt that insects have spiracles in their body through which they can breathe through. Like bitch, how am I gonna use that? Should I just go to a cockroach and say, Hey Mr. Cockroach, did you know that you have spiracles to breath? Man I'm sure that even if he could talk with me, he wouldn't give a fuck about it either." Kim Sang Ho laughed and said between hiccups, "Soojin, you always make my day better." I have to say though, that is the most sensible thing that has come out of that nerd's mouth. Soojin hugged him and then came to me. She said, "You wanna come over for dinner tonight? I talked to Eun Dan Oh and she agreed to tell Mr. Kyung that you had dinner with her tonight. So anyways, you down?" I nodded and told her that I'd come. She continued, "Wear something formal so that your father is fooled and then bring a pair of comfy clothes to have dinner, alright? My dad's out of town, so it's not going to be awkward." I smiled and said okay.

Soojin's P.O.V.
I made Baek Kyung's favorite meal today. Roasted chicken, tteokbokki, mashed potatoes, lasagna, fried fish and freshly squeezed mango juice. As I finished setting the table, I saw Baek Kyung come in. I smiled and led him towards the table. He stopped me in the middle and gave me a bouquet of flowers while he had another bouquet of flowers in his left hand. I took the bouquet he was offering to me and I smelled the flowers. When I looked up to smile at him, I saw him walk towards the trash can and dump  the other bouquet of flowers into the trash. I asked him about it and he said, "That bouquet was for Eun Dan Oh which was given to me by my dad. I didn't want to give you someone else's present so I went ahead and bought you some yellow dandelions. I know they're your favorite!"
I smiled and thanked him. He smiled back and led me to the dinner table. I put the yellow dandelions inside a vase that my dad bought for me from France. I sat at the table and I served Baek Kyung the food. His eyes were sparkling because it was his favorite meal but his dad never let him eat it because he would be too 'fat' for Dan Oh. I took a pair of chopsticks, picked up one of the tteokbokki pieces, and I took it near his mouth so that I can feed him that one bite because he couldn't understand where he should start from. He was shocked but he later opened his mouth while being a little shy. He showed me a thumbs up and picked up his chopsticks and started digging into the food happily. 

I watched him eat for a while and then he noticed that I wasn't eating. He asked me why I wasn't eating and I said, "I like watching you eat. It's been 10 years since I have seen your bunny cheeks up close when you eat. You look so cute when you eat happily! Whenever I see you at lunch, you always stuff up your mouth with all the food that I give you-" I just realized what I said. He widened his eyes and said, "So you're the one who makes me delicious food and leaves me these cute notes with cheerful quotes! I kept you're sticky notes in a bundle in my room secretly so that my dad doesn't find them!" Oh gosh! I exposed all of my presents to him! "Anyways, thank you for all of the food and notes! I stay alive due to your food. My dad doesn't feed me anything else except for lettuce and all those green vegetables. I especially love your Chinese cuisine! Mind making me some more of that?" I laughed and agreed. Baek Kyung left after finishing his food and gave me a sweet hug for all the food and notes I left him. Was my hard work finally paying off?

The next morning I woke up early to make him a Chinese cuisine dish. Oh! Let's make him a Chinese style glazed pork belly along with sticky rice! He'll surely love it! I started making him the food and after some time, I finished making him the food. I packed it and left a sticky note on it saying "Now you know who I am! Enjoy the food!" I put it in my bag and my mom drove me to school.

Time Skip to Lunch period.

I quickly went and left him the food on the table while he wasn't in class. After some time, he came back to the class and saw the box. He looked at it and smiled and at me. I blushed but I still kept looking at him. He took the sticky note, read it, and gave it a small peck. I was surprised and I looked at him with wide eyes. He finally stopped being cold to me! Yes! Best achievement ever! 

* * *