II Chapter 2 II

Class had started. Mr.Joon had started teaching and I was taking notes. I heard a weird sound. It sounded very much like the flipping of pages, but almost like it was being done near a mic. Right then, Nam Ju entered the class. It was like a cause and effect thing. 

Cause: Flipping of pages, Effect: Nam Ju entering the class. 

Shin Sae-mi, Kim Il Jin, and Lee Sam Jin just kept staring at Nam Ju. He walked over to me and he set down a strawberry drink on my desk. He told me to give it to Yeo Joo-da. I was bewildered. I wanted to ask him why he was making me do this out of all these people, but I couldn't open my mouth. It almost felt like I was being forced to do this. Since I had no choice, I just walked over to Yeo Joo-da's desk and gave her the drink. I said, "It's from Nam Ju." and I went back to my seat. 

I looked around the class to see if Dan Oh had noticed the weirdness of the situation, but instead, I saw her looking at Baek Kyung and trying to make conversation. I looked at the board trying not to eavesdrop on what she was telling him, but I couldn't help it. I started listening to what she was saying. She said, "Baek Kyung, I love you." I was stunned. She had just said a while ago that she didn't like him. Then, this? There had to be something going on. He sighed and turned his head away, only to see me staring. He stared right back at me until I turned around and focused on the lesson again. 

Right after the lesson ended, I got up to go and talk to Dan Oh about what happened earlier, but she put her finger on my lips and I shut up immediately. Something really weird was going on, and I knew she had an explanation to it. 

* * *