II Chapter 15 II

Soojin's P.O.V.

I was in the big hall and many couples were dancing to the soft songs while the others were just having a fun time together. It was prom night and Do Hwa and me came together because we were a 'couple'. 

People kept coming over to us to talk, but I was not focused. I was only thinking about one person. Baek Kyung. I just couldn't get him off of my mind today. I don't why, but I haven't been able to remember mine and Baek Kyung's past memories together. I can't remember the stage and the shadow moments. It almost feels like all of my memories are disappearing. 

Do Hwa's P.O.V.

"Let's dance!" I suggested to Soojin. She absent-mindedly agreed and grabbed my hand. I slipped my hand on her waist and we started dancing to a soft song. I was trying to enjoy it but I noticed Yeo Joo-Da. She was wearing a large pink dress with beautiful jewelry. She had a big smile on her face when she entered the hall. Even I was mesmerized. I tried not to think about her and I focused on Soojin. I looked towards the direction that Soojin was looking towards and I saw him. Baek Kyung. Soojin had tears in her eyes and she was dancing with me and after a bit, I felt bad for her. I let go of her and I said, "Go." She looked at me sadly and I said, "Go to him. I know you only like him. And I also still like Yeo Joo-Da so don't feel too bad. I've seen how you stare at him admiringly. Every time you look at him, your eyes are filled with love. Its empty whenever you look at me." She sadly said, "I'm so sorry. Do you really mean that though?" I nodded and grabbed her shoulders. I said, "Go get him. He's the only one for you." She nodded and gave me a tight hug before running after him. 

Soojin's P.O.V.

"Baek Kyung, I need to talk to you." I said to him seriously. He nodded and walked away from Eun Dan Oh to talk with me outside. I knew that the stage was going on but at this point, I don't care anymore. 

Baek Kyung stood there awkwardly in front of me. I sighed and said, "I'm losing my memories Baek Kyung." "What do you mean?" He replied worriedly.
"I've been forgetting each and every moment of us being together and I really want to remember them. You're very precious to me and I really don't want to lose our memories. I want to remember each and every single of our memories together but I just can't." Tears dropped out of my eyes as I said that to Baek Kyung. He wiped my tears and said, "Don't worry. You'll get it back. I want you to get them back too. You can't lose them! Please, please, just try your best."
I shook my head.

Baek Kyung's P.O.V.

I was very sad because she was losing her memories. How can she remember me if she doesn't remember even our last moments together? 

"You may be aware of it but I've never told you about it up front so hear it is... I love you Baek Kyung. I love the way you smile, the way you look at me, the way you're nice to your friends, the way you care about people silently. I love everything about you. I want to be there to comfort you when you're sad. I want to heal your broken heart. I love you Baek Kyung. I really do. I'll always be there for you." I nodded and held her hand. "I'm sorry. I've been too mean to you. I need you-" I felt something very light on my hand. It was almost like I was holding a flower. I looked up from the ground and I saw that I had yellow dandelion petals in my hand. I was confused and looked at her when I saw- she- 
She was disappearing. 

Every inch of her body was disappearing. Her hands had disappeared and her legs too. I kept trying to hold different parts of her body but it just turned into- into petals. Her body was disappearing and turning into yellow dandelion petals. Tears were slowly running down my face as I looked at her face. She was crying silently and when she saw me looking at her, she gave me a sad smile and said, "I'm sorry Baek Kyung. I'm truly sorry I couldn't be there for you,"

"No, no, no, no, please! No! Don't leave me! Please! I need you!," I screamed as I saw the last bit of her face left disappearing.
"Please..." I whispered the last word as I dropped on my knees. I gathered all of the petals from her body and held them close to my heart. I cried my heart out as I sat in the garden, rocking myself back and forth to calm myself down. I need her. Why, why do people always understand a person's worth after they're gone? She was the one who comforted me all the time, she was the only one who was there for me in my hard times, she was the one who always put up with my anger issues and was nice to me while only expecting love. And I couldn't even give her that. All I had to do was to give her some love. Why? Why do I need to be stuck in this world without even being able to give love to someone I've liked for a long time?

"Baek Kyung..." I turned around to see Do Hwa patting my shoulder. He sat down and slowly said, "Why are you crying? And, where's Soojin?" I cried harder when I heard Soojin's name. "She, she disappeared." I replied. He stopped patting me and gasped. He stood up and said, "What do you mean?" I opened my palms to show him the petals. "She turned into petals after she confessed to me." He grabbed my collar harshly and said, "You did this didn't you? WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO IT? SHE ONLY WANTED SOME LOVE! YOU COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT FOR HER?" I sobbed and said, "I didn't do it. It was the author. I know it has something to do with the author." Do Hwa let go of my collar and cried silently. "She only wanted some love, th-that poor girl only  wanted some love. She always sacrificed herself for others so that she could receive some love, but in the end, she got nothing. That poor sweet soul. That poor, poor, girl. God bless her sweet soul." 

I took out my coat dropped it in the ground and I walked all the way to Soojin's favorite park. Do Hwa knew where I was going and he didn't stop me. 

"Soojin-ah, are you listening to me? Just know the fact that I always loved you and I always will. Your smile was like the brightest star in the night sky. Your eyes were like the most prettiest flower in the whole garden. Your presence meant a lot to me. Even though I realized it very late, I need you my life more than anyone else. I hope- I truly hope that you're listening to me-" I break down. A few moments ago, she was there, standing in front of me, healthy and happy, but then, just like that, she was just, just, just gone... 

"Sweet boy, did you lose someone who was important to you?"  An old lady asked me as I kept crying. I nodded and she looked at my hands. She saw the petals and I said, "Do those beautiful petals belong to the person you lost?" She continued. I nodded and said, "Yes." She said, "Can I take a look at them?" I hesitantly gave her the petals and she turned her back towards me. She did something with it and then she handed a necklace to me. I observed the necklace and I saw Soojin's petals inside the crystal necklace. "Wear it my child, it's for you." I nodded and I wore it. She said, 

"Never lose the necklace my child, as small things can make a big difference." 

* * *

Hi guys I hope you liked the chapter! I really cried while writing the chapter because I try my best to mix my emotions with the character. 

Can we all agree on one thing though? People never realize a person's worth until they actually lose that person.