II Chapter 20 II

Soojin's P.O.V.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Do Hwa asked me as we stood in the school garden. "I'm not sure, but we have to give it out best." I replied.

24 Hours Earlier:

As we came back from the hospital, my mom agreed to take all of us home as school was over. Me, Dan Oh and Do Hwa agreed, but Baek Kyung didn't. My mom asked him why he didn't want to go home. Baek Kyung looked at me in doubt and I gave him a pat on the shoulder to indicate that it was okay to tell my mom about his situation. He nodded and sighed before saying, "Mrs.Park, I get abused by my father. He got me engaged to Eun Dan Oh just so that he could get a lot of money from Dan Oh's dad to invest in his business. He's using me to get the money and he wants me to pretend that I love Dan Oh and care about her," My mom gasped. Baek Kyung continued, "But to be honest Mrs. Park, Dan Oh is just a friend to me, and I care about her like a friend, not like fiancé. I love your daughter very much. She means the world to me and she's my girlfriend now. I know that my dad broke off mine and Soojin's engagement, but really, I've loved her all along Mrs. Park, I can't live without your daughter." My mom smiled and hugged Baek Kyung. "Honey, you can live with me until all this over. You are 18 now and are an independent individual so you can file a case against your dad as an adult. I'll help you. But before that, I need to ask Dan Oh if she's fine with breaking off the engagement so that you can be together with my daughter." My mom said as she held Dan Oh's hand in the last sentence. "Mrs. Park, Haru is my boyfriend. I only take Baek Kyung as friend, not a lover. Please go ahead and do whatever you need to do to make our engagement break off and make him get rid of his dad." My mom nodded and gave all of us a hug, saying that everything will be fine. "And Haru, I will be legally adopting you so that you can be my son and Soojin's brother. You won't be homeless anymore, okay?" Haru wiped away his tears of happiness and nodded. "I love you, oppa!" (older brother in Korean is oppa) I said teasingly to Haru. "Yah, we're the same age!" He said. "But you're a few months older than me so... you're my oppa!" I replied cheekily. "Arasso, arasso." He said as he smiled and messed my hair up.

Time Skip.

It was night time. Haru was sleeping in the guest room and Baek Kyung wanted to sleep in the same room with me. My mom was hesitant but she said he could sleep in my room as long as he sleeps on the floor. "I can't let you do the nasty with my precious baby." She said. I burst out laughing when I remembered what my mom said to Baek Kyung. "Why aren't you asleep yet?" Baek Kyung asked. "I could ask you the same thing." I said. He snickered. He suddenly got up and jumped up on the bed. I gasped as he landed. "What are you doing? We're dead if mom finds us!" I whisper screamed. "I'm sleeping with my babygirl, did I do anything wrong?" He replied. I blushed and said, "Get down! We'll be so dead!" "I don't care." He said as he kissed my cheek and put his head down and closed his eyes to sleep. "Get down!" I whisper screamed again but he put his finger on my lips and said, "Shhhh. We'll get caught sooner with your loud ass voice." I stopped because I realized that he was right. I hugged Baek Kyung and kissed his forehead. "What are you doing? Weren't you the one who was scared?" "If we'll get caught, might as well make the most out of it!" I replied to him. He smirked and kissed my lips. I kissed back and we both fell asleep.

The next morning, we woke up and got ready for school. While we left, I kissed my mom a goodbye and Haru stood in the corner smiling. My mom gestured him to come near. He pointed his finger towards him and gave my mom a look saying, 'me?' My mom nodded and he came near her. She kissed him on his forehead. I smiled as her sweetness and realized that I have one of the most sweetest moms in the world. We all waved her a goodbye and got out of the car. We immediately got transferred into a stage where Nam Ju was punching Do Hwa. I was going to run towards them but Haru held my hand to stop me. I shook my head sadly and watched as Nam Ju beat up Do Hwa. Baek Kyung tried to stop them and Nam Ju finally did stop. We were transmitted out of the stage and I shook my head disappointedly. "The author's getting more and more violent. We have to stop him/her." Do Hwa said as he held a tissue near his nose to make it stop bleeding. Baek Kyung turned towards me and said, "Didn't you say you had a plan?" I nodded and said, "How about all of us give it a try together? You, me, Dan Oh, Haru and Do Hwa. All of us together." All of them nodded in agreement. "Wait!" Yeo Joo Da said as she ran towards us. She said, "To be honest, I'm aware of myself too. I always thought it would be fine if I just went along with it but it isn't, so I want to join ya'll and stop this author from going any farther." We all agreed to let her in our group. "Tonight, 10 p.m., in the school garden. Deal?" Haru asked as he put his hand forward and faced it downwards. We all put our hands on top of his hand and said, "Deal."