II Chapter 16 II

Baek Kyung's P.O.V.

"She said she'd always be there for me..." I muttered to myself sadly while playing with my necklace given from that mysterious old lady. 

These past few days had been hell. I tried my best to find Soojin everywhere I could but no one except for Eun Dan Oh, Do Hwa and Jinmichae remembered her. Wait. Jinmichae! He might have the answer to this! Maybe he knows where I can find Soojin! Or if he doesn't know that, at least he could tell me why she disappeared! I need to go to him now. 

I ran to Jinmichae's kitchen and found him reading a cooking book. "How can you possibly be so relaxed? Don't you care at all?" I asked him as I walked over to him and sat down. "Is there any reason why I shouldn't be relaxed?" He replied eyeing me suspiciously. I sighed and said, "Don't you know that Soojin disappeared? Aren't you worried about her?" "Oh really? Did she?" Jinmichae asked me unfazed. 

"If you're going to act this blunt, then go ahead! But please, could you at least tell me the reason why she disappeared?" I asked him. He put his book down and looked at me with a very serious face. He said, "She faced the consequences of her actions!" I replied, "Elaborate." 

"I warned her not to change whatever happens on stage but she didn't listen." "I don't get it." I replied, now getting more frustrated than ever. "I warned Soojin not to change the stage but she kept going. She kept going simply because she wanted to help her friends and change her fate so that she could love you freely instead of being only a messenger for Nam Ju and Yeo Joo Da's love." Jinmichae replied to me and handed me a book called 'Secret'. I was confused as to why he was handing me a romance comic book in this situation but I still decided to flip through it. 

The first page was an introduction page. It was introducing all the characters in the book, except, the characters had the same names as all of us. Nam Ju, Yeo Joo Da, Lee Do Hwa, Shin Sae Mi, Kim Il Jin, Eun Dan Oh, Dried Squid Fairy (Jinmichae), and... Me. How is this possible? It's too much of a coincidence. I randomly flipped through the other pages of the book and I see all the scenes of what happened to me and Dan Oh, Lee Do Hwa's scenes, Shin Sae Mi's bullying scenes, Nam Ju's romantic scenes etc. "So, you're telling me..." I was about to continue but Jinmichae interrupted. He said, "We all are stuck in this comic book. Whatever the author draws, that is the stage and we are bound to follow it. We say, do, act whatever the author draws in her comic book. Not everyone is able to change whatever happens in the stage like Soojin and Haru. Both of them caused a lot of disturbance in the author's imagination because of their ability to change the stage and so, she or he erased them from all the stage she or he had drew before, causing both Soojin, and then Haru, to disappear without leaving a trace." "Haru disappeared too?" I asked. He nodded and said, "Go check up on Dan Oh. She is literally trying her best not too break down and is still trying to find him." "Aren't you going to explain this to her?" "She already knows." Jinmichae replied to me. I nodded and went out of the library. 

I had to find Soojin. She has to exist. For me, for herself, for her friends, for everyone.
"Mrs. Park, do you not know where your daughter Soojin is?" I asked to Mrs. Park when I arrived at her front door. 

I still didn't believe all that Jinmichae had told me so I had to check for myself. 

"Who is Soojin? I've never heard of her. I never had a kid. I'm sorry son but you probably came to the wrong house. I've never had a daughter." My heart broke as I heard Mrs. Park say that. "Son, whoever it is you're trying to find, I hope you find her soon." She said to me as she wiped the tears off of my cheek. "Thank you for the wishes Mrs. Park. And also, although I can't quite make you remember her, all I can say is that, you had a lovely daughter. She had a heart of a gold and face that would make you feel like she's a goddess." "Oh son the girl sounds lovely but as I said before, I don't have a daugh-" "Nevermind Mrs. Park, nevermind." I said to her as I walked away. She sighed and closed the door. 

I went home and the first thing I was greeted by was as punch. I could feel my lips bleeding. My dad said, "You motherfucker, don't you know that Dan Oh's getting sicker? We have to take advantage of that and take all of her dad's money! You should be beside her all the time and take care of her so that her dad gives us a lot of money! Why can't you just simply act like you like her?" I didn't say anything. He took his baseball bat and started hitting me. It was very painful but I took it all in. I didn't scream, I didn't cry, I didn't faint, I was just... numb. I felt like I was lifeless and there was no point in life now that my one true love, Soojin, wasn't here. Couldn't I have just disappeared like her? At least I would be with her right now.  

"Go to your room and don't show me your face! You piece of worthless shit!" My dad spat to me. I limped all the way to my room and I sat on my bed.  

I missed Soojin so much. She was just, so sweet and kind and lovely. She was so important to me and yet, I didn't realize it and didn't give her any importance or love in return. The song she sang to me, it was still ringing in my head. 

"Baek Kyung, I'm sorry...." I kept hearing those words again and again and that just made me miss her more. Tears slipped out of my eyes and I kept wiping them but they just wouldn't stop. 

There was a tingling sensation in my eyes. I closed my eyes and I suddenly saw something. I saw Soojin talking to Haru and saying, "Baby, are you Baek Kyung's side kick now? What the fuck? How can you be so stupid?" 

This can't be it. I opened my eyes and the scene kept playing in my head. It was Soojin, but she looked different. More meaner, more heartless, more arrogant, almost like a bully. And she also called Haru, 'baby'. First of all, Soojin was never in a relationship with Haru. Second of all, didn't they both disappear? Then how come I can see this happening? And also, Soojin would never talk to Haru like that. Haru was a good friend of hers! 

What is happening to me?

* * *

Hi guys! Hope you liked the chapter! I've been very busy lately and thought I couldn't post another chapter but then I found my draft that I had written before and made a few changes and posted it. And sorry but no facts about the characters today!