II Chapter 14 II

Soojin's P.O.V.

"Hey peach!" Do Hwa said to me as he waved at me. I waved back and I could feel the his fangirls' jealous stares. He jogged towards me and when he reached me, he gave me a peck on the cheek. I was a little surprised but I tried my best to get used to it. It just felt, different. Like, I didn't deserve it, or should I say, someone else should have done it. Someone I've been trying to forget about but I can't. "Earth to Soojin! Earth to Soojin!" I came back to my senses as I felt Do Hwa shaking me. I sighed as I realized that I was still thinking about... Baek Kyung. 
Thankfully, Do Hwa didn't see me sighing and happily led me to class. 

"You like the nickname?" Do Hwa asked me as we entered class. "Um, I forgot to ask about it but, what's up with this fruit nickname?" I asked him while laughing. He said, "You really are under a rock huh? 

'Pretty girl you're like peaches,
Soft hage gamsa,
iban gaduk bonjin sweetness,
feels good to be the bad guy.'
It's inspired by the song 'Peaches' by Kai!" 

I laughed and nudged him on the shoulder realizing that he was calling me pretty and sweet by giving me that nickname. He laughed and pinched my cheeks as I heard someone say, "Aigo, (A slang way of saying something similar to 'gosh' in a funny way) can you both stop being so lovey dovey? Some of us are still single!" I turned around to see Shin Sae Mi standing in front of us with a 'not-impressed' look on her face. Lee Do Hwa was so shocked that he forgot to pull his hand away from my cheek. I immediately put his hand down. Shin Sae Mi laughed and said, "No need to be embarrassed! Anyways, I came to tell you both that prom's coming soon. It's after a week and people are pairing up with their boyfriends and crushes to go to prom. Ya'll better decide soon 'cuz everyone's pairing up already." Me and Do Hwa agreed and then Shin Sae Mi walked away. 

The Korean literature class was going on when I saw Baek Kyung crying silently. Tears were rolling down his cheeks and I felt sorry for him. I suddenly remembered what day it was. It was his mother's death anniversary today. I saw our teacher looking at his computer and not paying attention to the class. I carefully observed his glasses and I found out that he was watching porn. I walked over to him and he fumbled with his keyboard to close the tab. I whispered into his ears saying, "I know what you were watching. Unless you want me to expose you, let me and Baek Kyung take a break from class. And if you dare mark us as absent, I will make sure you get fired and don't get applied into any other school. Is that understood?" I asked him threateningly. He nodded and shouted, "Soojin and Baek Kyung are excused from class!" 

All the other students groaned but I didn't care and walked towards Baek Kyung. He had a confused look on his face. I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the school. 

He stopped and said, "Where are you taking me?" I smiled and shook my head. I wiped his tears and tied my hanky around his head covering his eyes so that he couldn't see where I was taking him. He asked me, "What are you doing?" I said, "Just trust me." He was going to say something else but he stopped when I hugged him. He calmed down and I led him to the flower shop. There wasn't anyone there but I bought some flowers for him and me. The amount I had to pay for the flowers was written on a piece of paper. I opened my purse and took out the money and left the money on the counter. 

I led Baek Kyung to the graveyard his mother was buried in and I opened his blindfold. He gasped happily. He walked over to his mom's grave and rubbed the grave ever so slowly, almost like he was running his hands through his mother's hair. His shoulder's were shaking when I realized that he was crying. I walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder when he suddenly placed his head on my hand. I smiled and handed him the flowers I bought in the store. He took it from me and placed it near his mother's grave. I placed my flowers next to his. He slowly stood up and walked with me to sit on a bench. He said, "Thank you. Thank you so much for being there for me. My father was not allowing me to visit my mother's grave. No matter what I did, he just wouldn't budge. Thank you. You could never imagine how much I'm thankful for this." I smiled and patted his back. He smiled and we slowly walked back to school. Suddenly, we were sitting in class in Math period. Oh. We were in a stage again. We were writing a test when I glanced back at Baek Kyung. He smiled at me and mouthed a 'thank you'. I smiled at him and mouthed a 'you're welcome back to him.' 

Wait. If this is a stage, then, he's not supposed to remember what happened to him in the graveyard! How can you he remember? He's not aware of himself right? Or maybe he is, but he just doesn't realize it! I squealed in happiness and everyone in the class looked at me. I said, "The fuck is you looking at people?" Everyone looked back at their test papers and my teacher said, "Language, miss Soojin." I huffed and nodded. I continued my Math test. 

Maybe, just maybe, I finally had a chance with Baek Kyung. Even though I'm in a relationship with Do Hwa, I need to tell him that I'm still in love with Baek Kyung. And I'm not being a jerk because Do Hwa is also signs of still liking Yeo Joo Da. He was just trying his best to show me that he likes me because he doesn't want t get me hurt. He's a good friend. I'm not going to lie.

I look back at Baek Kyung and he smiles at me when he notices me. I feel the butterflies in my stomach, just like the old times. I hope he's happy and not too sad about his mother's death anniversary. 

Maybe I won't be having such a sad ending in my love life after all. 

* * *  

Hi guys! Hopefully you liked this chapter! I was out of ideas but a few love playlists helped me come up with the rest of the story so I'll be posting more frequently! And yes, time for fact of the day!

Fact about Baek Kyung: When he danced with Soojin in the field of dandelions, he felt a connection and started remembering stuff he did with Soojin in the shadow. He always thought those were dreams and went along with the things that happened in stage. That's why he ended up hurting Soojin so much by calling Dan Oh his woman. He didn't actually mean it.