Notes

⌗ — The Y/N in this fic is unlikable by the majority of old and current readers due to her attitude so please turn around NOW if you aren't a fan of bitchy mcs. It's exhausting to hear people point out that she's mean and rude—that's literally the point and the reason why the title is called hydrophobic.

BACKSTORY

After the Stormterror incident, your permission to go out and explore Teyvat has been granted after three long years.

Where have you been for the past three years, you ask?

Well, as the only child of your parents who owns a glass and perfume business, they have been restricting and overprotective of you which resulted to keeping you inside the house at all times-but that didn't stop you from sneaking away to meet your friends while avoiding the city. And because of your forced seclusion, getting seen in public areas was a rare sight.

Now that you were allowed to go out, you waste no time and immediately asked to join a mysterious traveler's journey.

Nothing was going to stop you... right?

GENERAL

Hello! You may call me Mori! I am the writer of this fanfic. Below are some notes that I would like everyone to read to avoid any confusion. Also, this is my first fanfic that actually has plot so there might be plot holes that I'm not aware of (if you find one, please message me about it so I can fix it).

✧ English isn't my first language so there will be grammatical errors.

✧ I put [name] instead of y/n due to personal preferences. This can also be used to the reader's advantage if they're not a fan of "x reader" stories where they can imagine their oc as [name].

✧ The pronouns for the reader are set as she/her but feel free to switch it up to your liking though!

✧ This is a slow burn so expect this to be a long fanfic.

✧ I usually update every two weeks.

INCLUDED TROPES

✧ Arranged marriage
✧ Betrayal
✧ Blind dating
✧ Fake dating
✧ Found family
✧ kidnapping
✧One-sided hate
✧ Rivalry
✧ Second chances
✧ Slow burn

PLOT RELATED INFO

✧ I chose Lumine as the traveler since she is my traveler in-game.

✧ I have no idea how businesses and trading guilds work so I'm apologizing in advance if I make mistakes in interpreting them.

✧ I will also be adding characters who are important to the plot who are not in the original game or lore.

✧ The ages I've set on the reader, Xingqiu, Chongyun, Xiangling and the others are 18 or older.

✧The description towards the reader, "[name]" may be too detailed or inaccurate since I'm going to start building more character on her so that she isn't only shown as Xingqiu's love interest.

✧ The vision that the reader has is up to the reader's choice and the weapons that are available for the reader are the polearm and sword. This is important since there will be an explanation in the future chapters.

✧ This is based on a lot of the in-game storyline and mechanics (ex: the waypoint/statue mechanic.) so the story may be slow at first since it follows the reader traveling with Lumine in Liyue.

❝ DISCLAIMER

✧ I do not own genshin impact, their canon lore, and the characters that are in it.

✧ I do not own the cover photo.

❝ EXTRAS

There will be a lot of heavy foreshadowing and easter eggs here be it from a movie, a show, or a song (ESPECIALLY Taylor Swift song references).

Can you spot them all?

I'll be adding more notes in the future but for now enjoy reading!