With Those Who Share The Memory [Special Chapter]

A knock on the door on a normal day inside the residence of Xingqiu's family would send you sitting up straight and stumbling down your bed to answer the door.

But you weren't in Liyue today, no.

"Lady [Name]?" A voice emerged from the other side of the door.

Lea—the first person who saw you coming through your bedroom window after sneaking out in Liyue—was the one behind the commotion.

Slowly, you open your eyes, placing a hand above your face to let the daylight pour across your features from the gaps of your hand.

Despite her continuous calls, you remain attached to the bed, only moving your head to see if the tiny box of an unwrapped present sitting on your bedside table was still there.

"My Lady, it's almost past breakfast. Master Xingqiu is already expecting you downstairs."

"What?" You groan, which made you force yourself to get up, take your present from the table, and wobbly walk up to the door to give Lea a reply, "Tell him I can't join him since I'll be eating with the traveler this morning."

Just when you thought last night was bad enough, he had to go and pull this stunt now?

"The traveler and Paimon are already with the young master, My Lady." She says, still facing the unopened door. "Please be ready in five minutes. Cara will be back from the city and will be checking on you."

As your personal maid, Cara is expected to be assigned with matters that are only related to you and your personal concerns, but if you weren't around, she would just do regular chores just like the others.

But still, every day at dawn, Cara would already be on her way to the city to buy fresh ingredients from the marketplace.

You told her that it was fine to let the others take care of the task but she politely refused, saying that the trips she takes would calm her mind before starting the day inside the manor.

You hum at Lea's answer and waited for her to completely walk away from the room before sinking to the floor.

The tiny box that you were still currently holding was the first present you received for this day.

It was given to you at midnight by the one and only second son of the Feiyun Commerce Guild.

How did he give it to you?

You thought that he had learned his lesson from that one time he entered through your window but no, he still did it—in your own home.

Fortunately for him, you were still awake, reading a book during the time he knocked on your bedroom window—but he did get a good smack on the head for his stunt.

He greeted you with a happy birthday, gave you his gift, and then left—through the window, still—since he didn't want to be seen leaving your room by the wandering maids at a late hour.

Xingqiu and his family were invited to your home to celebrate your birthday that will be held here tonight but the only difference was that his mother insisted that he should spend the night before your day in Mondstadt to keep you company.

Though they weren't the only ones who were invited, since a few weeks ago, your parents sent you a letter with instructions on what to do on the date of your birth.

They wanted a party, so a party is what you will be having tonight.

The only thing that bothered you was that your parents would probably be absent during the celebration—but it was fine. You understand they're in Snezhnaya and it's a really far place.