His Ploy [14]

"Uh-uh," Childe smirks, swinging the bag of mora away from you when you were about to reach for it. "You will be accompanied by my subordinate just in case you try looking for loopholes." He says, letting go of the bag which was caught by the person beside him.

You put your hands on your hips with your usual sour expression, a tad bit disappointed with how the events were starting to unfold today.

Just after a light breakfast at the manor and telling your friends that you were going out for a small walk, you bumped into Childe on the already busy streets of the Harbor. And coincidentally, he was on his way trying to look for you.

You had been avoiding him ever since you ran away from training—not wanting to make a ruckus out of getting accidentally hit by him.

But here you were, getting bribed with mora again.

At this point, you just wanted to get things done with him.

"Just to be clear, you want me to buy anything that I want as long as it fits the budget because you did not purposely hit me?"

"Yup! But my offer is only for today so you better hurry along." He replies, ignoring your negative implication of the situation. "Ah, before I forget, this is Nadia. She will be the one to handle the mora and will assist you throughout the day."

"Ah, hello." You greet the person beside him who also did the same to you.

"Nadia, this is Lady [Name]. I will leave her to your care." Childe continues. He then sets out a few regulations before finally leaving the two of you.

You didn't bother asking why he wasn't going to escort you there himself because you were sure he was busy all the time doing shady business. He is a Harbinger after all.

"Lady [Name], where do you wish to go first?" Nadia asks the minute Childe leaves the group, instantly snapping you out of your thoughts.

"I would like to check out jewelries from Mingxing Jewelry." You replied, already walking towards the shop as Nadia started to follow.

It's just like those days when you were allowed to go out once in a blue moon back in Mondstadt.

Usually, on rare occasions with permission, you would venture out into the city or even in the woods but you were only allowed to when someone was looking out for you. It could be one of the servants from your home or one of the knights... or even Lisa.

Now that you thought about it, you were actually a lot closer with Lisa than anyone back in the city.

You kind of miss her syllogisms whenever you talk about the recent books that you've finished.

"This looks pretty." You bring yourself back to reality when a ring with a prithiva topaz gemstone caught your attention.

Since you've gained an interest in gems for the past few weeks, you've been visiting Mingxing Jewelry a lot—meaning window shopping, that is.

It's not like you couldn't afford the jewelries. You didn't feel the need to buy it when you could just admire it from afar... completely out of your reach.

"Nadia, should I get the necklace or the bracelet?" You turn to the Fatui who was patiently waiting for your purchase.

Now that you technically have your hands on money from an immoral organization, why not spend some of it for yourself?

It was just two things and they're both covered in gemstones in your favorite color.

"Why don't you buy all of them, my lady? You can also include the ring that captured your curiosity. In fact, we have enough mora for everything in this store." She quickly replies, not an ounce of humor applied to her face.