A Chilling Encounter [8]

"Huh, Paimon wonders what they're talking about..."

Lumine turns to her companion who was intently staring at the two maids as if she was able to hear what they were talking about at a far distance.

They just got back from Mondstadt after dealing with their bounties last night and now they were looking for Xingqiu to help them with their daily commissions, then talk to Childe for new information, and after that, a need for sleep for the rest of the day.

Of course, they were going to talk to [Name] first before doing anything else. And so that was why they were looking for her first thing in the morning.

"Why don't we ask them?" The traveler suggested, already walking towards the ladies who were doing their best to keep their voices low.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Paimon asks in the most less suspicious way, which made the maids look around before talking to her.

It was easy for them to trust the little fairy after all since she looked cute and innocent.

One of them gestured the two to come closer and decided to tell them what was happening after agreeing with the other maid.

"Under the moonlight, I saw the young master leave Lady [Name]'s quarters last night." She says, making Paimon and Lumine look at each other in surprise.

"Well, that's new..." The tiny fairy commented, not really sure what to say.

Lumine placed a finger on her cheek, thinking. "Oh, Maybe they had another quiet argument. You know how they are, always squabbling about something inconvenient—mostly Xingqiu triggering whatever repressed anger that's inside [Name]."

"Okay? That was a lot for you to say for something that we don't know the whole story of..."

"I'm just saying, Paimon." Lumine jokingly rolled her eyes, thanked the maids and headed upstairs to fulfill their goal.

Once they reached the second floor of the building and turned to their right, the two could already hear arguing from afar.

"Ugh, Fine! Can you leave now? It's nine in the morning, Xingqiu."

"Yeah, and you guys are already arguing like an old married couple!" Paimon blurts out angrily with her tiny hands curled in a ball.

You and Xingqiu who were outside your room, turned to the new people who entered the hallway.

"Good morning to you too, Paimon." Xingqiu smiles at the floating child.

"Guhua geek! So annoying as ever! What are you even doing here?"

You cross your arms as you watch him scratch his head in minor uneasiness.

"Let's just say we had a successful conversation." He answers and listens to Lumine wanting to do their daily commissions already.

Xingqiu wanted to eat breakfast with you downstairs but you said that you already have plans with Xiangling this morning—which was a lie. But you wanted to have breakfast with her anyway.

You wanted to get away from this living, breathing, book-loving bozo standing right in front of you after what he's told you just before your friends came in unannounced.

After a little talk with Lumine and Paimon, you watch them disappear into the hallway with Xingqiu, who was still looking back, smiling and waving at you which made you walk back into your room and punch your pillow out of anger.

Just a few minutes ago, you agreed to have dinner with him once again out of annoyance because he just woke you up for that.

You couldn't believe the nerve of him to knock on your door after what happened last night, you couldn't even barely look at him straight in the eye!