Disputes Over Tea [31]

"Yes, your constellation tells me that you lack perception when it comes to important issues, or more specifically a person... Just like—never mind." Mona gives you a knowing smirk that you don't get at all.

Your forehead creases. "Like what?"

She ignores your question and continues to ramble. "Other than that, you're completely capable of a lot of things. Your future is um... how do I explain this... fruitful. Yes, your future will be fruitful but there will be two things keeping you from all of this. One being yourself and the other... I'm keeping it a secret."

"That's not fair; you stopped yourself twice."

You could say that Mona was now a friend of yours.

After the events that unraveled yesterday, you were interested in her line of work despite her seemingly proud attitude. So, you decided to keep in touch with her.

Mona didn't mind, she was proud of herself when she found out that you wanted to get to know her more.

And thus why you're sitting across from the astrologist at Good Hunter's for breakfast to treat her with sticky honey roast and mushroom pizza served on the table, in exchange for a small piece of your divination.

At first, she declined your invitation, saying that she'd rather write columns and starve than use her valued knowledge for a meal—until you heard her stomach rumble.

Mona was supposed to do another reading again for the mission but she said she'd do it later tonight for a more effective result.

"It's your destiny to figure it out for yourself. The stars have spoken to me." Out of smugness, she then utters a small "Hmph."

"Tell me about my love life then."

"That was your love life." She could tell that the first and only reading you wanted to hear all about was your love life because let's be honest, you weren't that invested in the other aspects of your life.

"What?"

Yesterday was devastatingly tiring for you, mentally and physically. Things were doing fine until you stumbled upon the traveler and your friends which made you disappear from the Wanderer.

There were so many thoughts running through your mind about the so-called Harbinger they were warning you about, that you ultimately decided to stop thinking about him for today.

Once you were a part of the new group that the traveler was in, you helped them probe the giant meteorite and destroy the other smaller meteorites' cores.

Today though, you were on a day off from all the traveling, and hopefully, you chose the right decision.

A week ago, an old friend invited you for a casual gathering—a tea party that's held later at three in the afternoon.

It was still early for the party so after breakfast, you would have to practice and prepare for what was about to happen.

You used to love your old friends here in Mondstadt but if you were to be completely honest, when you met your new friends in Liyue, you were starting to think that you weren't the only problem in their dynamic.

You tried inviting another new friend from Liyue, Jiayin, to come with you but she politely declined.

Now that you've thought of it, you were wondering how Jiayin's been. The two of you always liked hanging out inside the areas of the comfortable village of Qingce.

Mona shrugs off your comment again. "Anyway, beware of any outbursts today. I'm not supposed to offer advice as it's the golden rule of fortune-telling but I will make an exception just this once: I suggest you keep yourself calm when facing what's ahead of you."