One For The Money, Two For The Show [39]

Warning: This chapter contains depictions of violence that may be upsetting for some readers.

"What? All of you can't believe that I ate breakfast with my lovely [Name] alone?" Meiyin sighs in disbelief as she crosses her arms.

Paimon looks at the traveler and Xingqiu before deciding to speak for the group. "It's just... It's hard to believe considering how she doesn't like you."

Meiyin chuckles as if she heard a funny joke. "That's not true! [Name] likes me a lot. She's just acting like she doesn't because I want her fiancé."

"You..." Paimon lets out a small breath of exasperation. "I think you need a lot of self-reflection."

"You're funny." She smiles.

Lumine and Xingqiu remained silent, occasionally stealing glances from each other, not knowing what to do or say.

It was currently lunchtime, and although you didn't make any plans with anyone at that time, Xingqiu decided to inquire about your whereabouts for a question. But as of now, you were nowhere to be found even after he's asked the traveler, Paimon, and Meiyin.

Lumine clears her throat to get back to the subject. "Well, do you have any more ideas on where she might be?"

"She said something about going back to Mondstadt when I asked about her plans."

Xingqiu sighs in relief—although there was still a little worry painted on his face. He didn't want to proceed with his former plans now, because all he wanted was to find you.

"Is it possible that you still have more details on her whereabouts?" He places a hand under his chin without looking at Meiyin. "[Name] has been acting... strange since last night and I can't help but feel troubled."

Lumine and Paimon's interests were piqued by Xingqiu's statement. They haven't heard that from him before he went out to look for you.

"Well, [Name] does act strange at times but... how strange are we talking about here?" Paimon inquires with curiosity.

Lumine stays silent and tries to figure things out on her own, finding every possibility of where you might be.

"She was silent the whole ride home and immediately went to her room."

"Sounds like a fight erupted if you ask me." Meiyin chuckles. "I think she might be a little jealous that I stole you half the time you were at the party."

"You what?!" The traveler's companion lets out an even higher-pitched voice.

"We were talking about our trades." She shrugs, a little startled by Paimon's reaction.

Paimon looked like she was about to have a full-blown tantrum. "And you didn't think to talk about it somewhere else?! You had to take him away from [Name] during an important occasion?! She must have been sulking somewhere then!"

"Paimon, calm down." Lumine places a hand over her friend's shoulder to comfort her. "She doesn't sulk over this kind of stuff, you know that."

The little fairy grunts and crosses her arms. "Paimon doesn't like you, Meiyin." She looks away disapprovingly.

"Aw, I really am sorry. I'll try not to bother them again on certain occasions." Her smile hasn't disappeared from her face. They couldn't tell if she was being sincere or mocking. "But you should've seen this coming... and she should've put up a fight if she really loved him."

"Now, Paimon's ticked!" Paimon lets out a loud, "Hmph!" before hovering away from the ex-scholar. "Paimon doesn't want to talk to you anymore!"

"Alright, let's all calm down." Xingqiu steps in, finally saying something. "Meiyin, thank you for letting us know about where [Name] could be. Traveler, Paimon, how about a trip to the Knights of Favonius' Library?"