Final Preparations [10]

"Who is it?" You groaned, slowly emerging from your bed to greet the person who knocked on the door.

"It's us! Paimon and Lumine!" A high-pitched voice replied, which made you plop back down on the bed.

Now that you knew who was entering, you didn't mind them seeing you all this messy in this early hour. 

You did kind of expect Xingqiu to come knocking and open his mouth, wanting to plan out a meal with him. It's a good thing he wasn't the first one you got to see this morning—again.

"Oh hey, sleepyhead~ Sorry that we woke you up," Paimon says in a singsongy way as she hovered towards where you were at.

You noticed that she was holding a few balloons and Lumine's hands were occupied with a basket. 

"It's okay. I woke up a few minutes ago anyway. Is something the matter?"

"Childe brought you this," Lumine answered, making you turn to your head to where she was standing. "Some kind of get well soon basket and balloons for some reason. He also wrote you a letter." She continues as she removed the note that was just on the handle of the basket. 

"I don't understand." You give them a puzzled look, not knowing what the harbinger's intentions were. "Last time I checked, I was the one who sent him lying on the ground."

Of course, you were confused as to why he was sending you this little basket as if it was out of pity when you were the one who beat him last night. 

Although, he did say that kicking people in the crotch while fighting was foul play. You immediately defended your actions after that and were glad that Lumine and Paimon were secretly following the two of you all along. 

They couldn't trust Childe one bit so they trailed him and watched the whole fight happen. Lumine wanted to interrupt the two of you a few times but was given a scare with what you did to him. Even Paimon gasped out loud.

The next time Childe trains with you though, you were given an instruction to not use your special move at him again—but that only applies to training and friendly sparring, of course.

You were sure to kick him in the same area again and cut his head off the minute he betrays you and your friends.

"Dearest, [Name]. Thank you for the duel that you agreed to last night. I'd have to admit, you greatly exceeded my expectations. I can tell that you were pressured with the fight so I hope that we can train more together for you to be more comfortable with me." You roll your eyes. 

As if.

"After hard work comes with a reward, yes? Please enjoy this basket of goodies that I've carefully organized for you. Take care, signed Childe." You finished reading the letter out loud, as requested by Paimon who was nosy as ever. 

"... Is he mocking me?" And for the first time this morning, you finally gave them a sour expression.

"Aww, I think it's really sweet of him! You should make him pay for all the stuff that you buy the next time you hang out with him!" Paimon says, making Lumine nod at her comment.

You guys knew he was loaded the moment Childe offered to pay for the Rite of Parting. Taking advantage of him isn't so bad since he was a harbinger and all. 

"Are you guys busy today?" You asked, eyeing the stuff that Childe brought for you. 

An idea suddenly appeared in your mind. 

"No. We're doing our daily commissions tonight and oh, we're also gonna finish the Rite of Parting today, right?" Lumine replies with a question, wondering if you'd come along with them just like last time.