Conversations In The Dark [7]

"Haaaah..." You blankly stare at the wall with your back on the mattress, trying to recall on all of the events that has happened earlier.

You had breakfast with your friends and Xingqiu, met Xiangling, finished the book you bought instead of helping with your friend's commissions because it turned out that Xingqiu was the one who's helping them now, listened to the traveler's stories while Childe almost bore you to death during lunch, and had a quiet dinner alone back at Wanmin.

It wasn't like you were upset with them because you had dinner alone, it was actually because Lumine and Paimon had to do something back in Mondstadt.

As for Xingqiu, he was nowhere to be found that time. Probably went out to avoid his responsibilities again. He's irrelevant anyway, you didn't need any more explanation as to why he's not near you.

At least you got to have a nice chat with Xiangling during dinner. She was honestly so fun being around. Before you parted ways with her, she told you that she wanted to cook with you the next time you meet her.

And about you not truly revealing who you were meeting with when you talked earlier with Xiangling, you had no idea why you wouldn't let her know. Lumine was observant during the whole conversation and played along with you so for the nth time, you praised her inside your head.

You place a hand on your forehead and released a loud sigh. Finishing your newly bought book wasn't a good idea. Now you're left with nothing to do despite having a bookshelf inside the guestroom.

You did not want to consume any type of book inside this place, not when he technically owns the place where you're sleeping.

"Books..." You blinked, rolling over to gaze at the ceiling.

Now you were craving for something to read thanks to your sudden thought.

"Books... Read... Paper..." A fun game of word association might help you forget about your desire to read. "Write... write?"

That's right! I should go write to my father! He must've grown anxious when I didn't write back!

Thinking about a distraction wasn't so hard after all.

You got up from your bed and stretched a little before proceeding to the study table that was provided in your room.

"Dearest Father," You mumbled, promptly starting as soon as you obtained the required items.

The disagreement between you and Xingqiu was the only content that you could think of and that's what you exactly wrote about.

You were halfway finished with your scratch when you suddenly heard something from your window.

"Is there a storm coming or something?" You scoffed, going back to your business until the familiar noise grew louder, only to realize that the sound near the window was actually something sliding open.

You turn your head in wariness, just to be greeted by a certain blue-haired person.

"Xingqiu! What are you doing here?!"

"Not so loud." He smiled, shutting his left eye and making a gesture to shush you.

You made your way to the window, abandoning your work to help him come inside. "Are you insane?! There's this thing called a door you know!"

"Would you let me in if I used the door?" He chuckled, which made you lightly push him out the window.

He was cunning and stubborn.

You squint your eyes to make sure what he has brought along. "What is that...?"

He let out a small, "oh" before showing you the books that he had been keeping for the past few hours. "I was thinking about the types of books you like to indulge in but then I remembered I couldn't ask you earlier because... well, of what happened this afternoon."