Liyue Harbor [15]

A/N: I finished rewriting the discussion on Chapter 7 (Conversations in the dark) so be sure to check it out :)

- -

"What... are you doing here?"

You immediately notice an unfamiliar figure standing before you and your friends.

Judging by the description that Lumine had told you from her trip to finding the adepti, you could guess that the stranger in front of you who asked, is known as Xiao, Conquerer of Demons.

I'll admire you later, you adeptus. You quickly turn your head away from him when Ningguang appeared in your sight and started explaining the situation that you were thrown in.

Their plan was to beat Osial, the Overlord of the Vortex, which Childe has awakened by using the Guizhong Ballista with the help of the adepti.

You saw how Ningguang took the lead and easily summoned a platform with a recreation of three Guizhong Ballistas.

How did that look so easy for her?

The adepti in the forms of a stag and two cranes then took control of the mechanisms and started attacking the God.

By the time where all of this was happening, you noticed that Lumine has not moved a muscle and was just quietly observing with her arm extended beside you, keeping you out of harm's way from what was in front of you.

Things were going smoothly until the Fatui started appearing out of nowhere with their ominous portal.

"They're attacking the Guizhong Ballista!" Paimon squeals, and glances at Lumine who was already prepared to defend the mechanisms.

You take a look at Keqing, the Yuheng of the Liyue Qixing that you've bumped into the same day that you met the Tianquan.

She takes out her sword and dashes towards the enemies, making Lumine briefly give you a look before nodding at you—a sign that she wanted both of you to lend them your aid.

You leave the traveler a small smile and decide to split up from her to get some action on your own.

The Fatui were no match for you and truthfully, you were surprised by your own skills. Maybe the boring training back at home and the sparring you've had with that harbinger has finally paid off—or maybe it was the adrenaline kicking in.

After finishing off your fourth enemy by impaling them with your weapon, you see more Fatui coming out from their portal so you waste no time in fending them off again.

Different voices started speaking to you and the others, only making it hard for you to focus.

"Don't lose heart. Here, take this."

"This is... adeptal energy!?"

Paimon's reply caught you off-guard, which earned you a clean cut on the cheek from the Fatui pyro agent you were fighting against with.

"Rude." You feel your cheek as blood started oozing out from your wound, giving the agent an offended look before finishing him off.

"With the blood of the Qilin, I guard you against evil."

"My name means 'swiftness'. Take my power, and run as I do."

"Child, you are strong in body and spirit. Perhaps you can withstand three forms of adeptal energy at once..." You hear Madame Ping from behind once again, but instead of questioning her presence, you only observe your hands after hearing Paimon's comment about it.

Ignoring the bloodstains in the other palm of your hand, they were both glowing in an unnatural way.

"Once you've adapted, try to use them in battle," Xiao says as he passes you from the side.