Cascading Reruns [19]

"Would you look at that, [Name]'s fallen asleep!" Paimon shakes her head in slight disbelief with her arms crossed, eyes fixated at your vulnerable state under the shade of the cuihua tree just outside the manor. "She can be difficult to handle sometimes. Ever since that fight with Osial, she tends to run around everywhere, making plans about her engagement."

After getting caught in Mondstadt and having to admit that you disobeyed the traveler, did things your own way, and explaining why you did it, your friends accompanied you back to Liyue for you to finally rest but since you were at the climax of the book that you were reading, you decided to sit somewhere and finish it first.

To no one's surprise, you again, have unknowingly fallen asleep as the traveler and Paimon chat about you.

"Not as difficult as defeating an ancient God though. And besides, she did say she didn't want to marry someone she doesn't love and she had a deal with Xingqiu so her situation is a bit complicated right now." Lumine says to her tiny companion with a smile.

"Yeah, Paimon remembers! She asked us for help... but remind Paimon again why you agreed but when Paimon asked you about it, you refused to help?"

"I never explained it to you," Lumine replies and sticks out her tongue as a tease, letting herself get yelled at by her small friend.

They continued to stay like that for a few seconds until someone stepped out of the manor with nothing particular in his mind so it was quite a sight seeing Lumine teasing the fussed Paimon as you sit in deep slumber near them.

"I hope I'm not interrupting an important discussion." The manor's young master smiles to greet the two.

"Xingqiu, perfect timing." Lumine acknowledges his presence by ignoring Paimon's complaints. "I have a favor to ask you."

"Please ask away, it would be my pleasure to oblige."

The traveler hides her contentedness by placing a palm under her cheek. "Would you be so kind to transfer [Name] to her bed? I'm assigned with a bounty back in Mondstadt so I'm in a hurry."

Xingqiu agrees in a heartbeat in spite of wondering how you ended up there in the first place and hearing a faint shout of "What the heck?!" coming from Paimon as she walked off with Lumine.

He was hoping to catch a quick conversation with them but since he knew that they were in haste, he had to let them leave and fulfill the favor that Lumine asked of him.

The moment you woke up from your sleep was the moment your stomach started rumbling. Your head turned to where the window was, trying to figure out what time it was.

Clearly, you had missed lunch.

Did no one seriously wake me up? Your face scrunched up at this thought.

With a hand over your stomach and not even giving a thought about what you look like right now, you drowsily exit the room with nothing but food in your mind.

Thankfully, you entered the dining room with no problem and Yan was already there to attend to your needs.

The manor was too quiet to your liking. No one seemed to be bothering you at this moment and you felt like you just got teleported back at home three months ago. There was nothing but silent meals, with only the sound of utensils clanking against the plates you've used.

You asked where your friends were and fortunately, Yan knew of Lumine and Paimon's whereabouts. They were on another bounty hunting back in Mondstadt, leaving you in this manor again.

As for Xingqiu, it was said that he rarely states where he is so it's sometimes hard to pinpoint his locations. You didn't ask where he was anyway.

He's probably out doing trivial matters. You shake him out of your thoughts.