His Lure [9]

"That's it. I'm killing you." You stomp towards the navy blue-haired person, eager to end his life or maybe he gets lucky and just earns a slap on the face.

He backs up, chuckling. "Let's take a moment to breathe, yes?"

"Geez, now I understand why [Name] didn't want to say that you were the one she was meeting." The chef sneered. "I would've cooked you in a giant pot if I knew sooner."

You sit beside Chongyun, still glaring at the navy blue-haired boy.

Both Xiangling and the exorcist have stopped you from attacking your "soon-to-be" fiancé earlier—well, Xiangling was only half holding you back since she was quite upset with him as well.

You decided to behave since people were starting to enter the restaurant as well and you didn't want to throw them off. If customers weren't here, you would've challenged him to a duel to release all of your pent-up anger towards everything.

"Justifiably, we never really talked about spreading the word, yes?" He smiles, ignoring the expression that you were wearing.

"You nincompoop, everyone knows that people shouldn't tell others information that isn't confirmed yet!"

"You say that and yet, rumors still exist."

"You're really testing my patience."

Xiangling walks over to your table and places three bowls with the meal inside. "Okay, you two. How about you guys eat some black-back perch stew first." She calmly says, seeming like she already either forgave him in her head or forgot about what just happened earlier.

Xiangling then eyes Chongyun and smiles, almost forgetting about her other friend. "Oh, and a cold one for you without chili as usual."

"Ah, thank you."

You didn't bother giving Xingqiu a glance after your dinner was served and just immediately consumed the whole thing.

Spicy food doesn't really concern you but you were quite surprised with the extra spice that was in the food that you were basically drinking at this point.

Xiangling takes a peek at you while she was busy preparing food for the other customers. "[Name], I think you should slow down."

"I can't help it when you cook so good." You replied with a smile, making the chef chuckle.

"You're too kind, [Name]. And oh! Why don't you guys talk to each other now that you're eating? I'll just listen to all of you while working." She did remind you to slow down again before going back to her business.

You nod to yourself, instantly giving a mean stare at the person across you who just flashed his usual smile as a reply.

"Me and Xingqiu aren't engaged." You started, clearing all the misunderstanding that happened earlier.

But someone seemed to be enjoying with all of the commotion that's going on.

"Yet."

"Then, I think I'll have to reconsider if you keep pushing that future to me." You gave him another stare although at this point, he looked like he was immune to it.

"I'm kidding. It's just so funny seeing you with that expression." He chuckles.

"You're pissing me off even more so I suggest you keep your mouth shut while I explain the situation to your friends."

Fortunately for you, he followed your instructions, and your clarification about the situation, which went better than expected.

"Xingqiu, you're unbelievable." Xiangling sighs after the conversation. "But it's admiring how you drove [Name] into a corner with this deal that you both have... I'd like to see you have a debate with a certain legal advisor once more."