Chapter 2: I Get Stabbed In The Back... Sort Of

Izuku POV:

I was really glad that the doctor, I mean, Mr. Lester hurried me up. If I stayed there with him a bit longer I would have had to walk home. The Yagi's were leaving me and they didn't even realize it. It was disconcerting, to say the least.

When we eventually got home Inko started to make katsudon and I searched the fridge for food. I had eventually found what I was looking for, leftovers. You see, although Inko subconsciously made enough food for 4 I was never served, so I was stuck with the pre-packaged leftovers. At the time it was fine with me as I still had food to eat. Only years later would I realize that this was no way to treat a child.

Enough about my ranting however, you aren't here for my meals, you're here for my story so let's hurry it up, shall we.

Anyways things went on normal till the next day at recess.

I was sitting on the swing thinking about what to play when Katsuki, Katsumi, Shoka, Shoto, and Izumi came up to me. Katsuki asked, "Do you still wanna be a hero?" I responded, "I do-," I was cut off however when an explosion hit my gut. "DON'T EVER TRY TO BECOME A HERO YOU QUIRKLESS WANNABE," Katsuki yelled. Everyone else started to beat me up and use their quirks on me, well except Izumi, her quirk still hadn't developed so she just punched and kicked me. The hits weren't very hard and were pretty slow, but I decided not to fight back. I was a pacifist. I didn't even want to be a hero, sure they were cool, but the fighting never really interested me. To me power wasn't something that I needed, I would have been happy being a weak doctor.

Though now I know that life is a tragedy without power. I just wished I realized it sooner. It would have saved me a lot of pain if I knew just how important power is. Years of torment would be gone with the snap of my fingers, but let's continue. This is getting a little too gloomy for my taste.

Anyways, after that day I got into a routine. Wake up, get ready for pre-school, get dropped off, get beat up, get picked up, struggle to do school work, eat leftovers, and go to sleep. This routine sounds depressing, but it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

Who am I kidding it sucked. It got even worse during grade school. The quirks got stronger and so did the hits. My hair even started to gain grey streaks. I thought I was an old man already, but after I looked it up I was glad it was only because I was stressed. Now that I looked back grade school was a really stressful time. Schoolwork got harder, Dyslexia and ADHD were no help, beatings got worse, and Inko and Toshinori completely ignored my presence.

About a month and a half into the first year of grade school I decided to start running away from my bullies before and after school. At first, it didn't work. I was slow, ran into walls, got blocked into alleys, and couldn't escape. About a week into running I decided to start practicing running around the city, learning shortcuts and snuck out at night to practice parkour.

The results didn't even take too long to show. Back then I was confused, but now I know it's because I am a demigod. As a demigod, I am naturally stronger, faster, and more durable than the average person my age if I trained. Training results don't even take that long to come in. That is one blessing most demigods ignore, but we would all be dead if it weren't true.

For example, because I was a demigod I was usually able to outrun most of my bullies, most of them. I was never able to outrun Izumi and her gang. She always used her quirk to trap me in place. I was only able to run away when she couldn't see me. It was a small blessing that she couldn't use her telekinesis on things she couldn't see. She also couldn't use it if her hands couldn't move, but I couldn't do anything about that, at least not then. When I got really good at running away and avoiding them they realized something very important, I had a kind heart. I could never stand to see someone being hurt, so they decided to bully people to draw me out by hurting others. It was effective. Even if the person was able to get away fast, I wouldn't be able to outrun Izumi and friends.

Still, it was better to have a good heart than fast legs, at least it was in my opinion.

One day, however, it went too far. The day went on as normal, wake up, get ready, and go to school. When it came time from my daily beatdown, I was prepared, I didn't have anything breakable and was mentally prepared. I then walked out of school and reached the gate when I got an explosion to the chest.

The rest of the beatdown went, as usual, verbal harassment, a barrage of fire, ice, explosions, and getting lifted into the air and then dropped. It was going relatively well, but then I felt something enter me from my back. I looked down and saw an unnaturally sharp rock going through my abdomen. By unnatural I mean it was like I fell on a small stalagmite. Then I see a shocked Izumi behind me and then everyone started to run away.

I however was stuck in place. I was too shocked to move and couldn't pull out the rock if I wanted to stay alive.

Eventually, I passed out from blood loss. When I woke up and saw a white light. I immediately freaked out and thought I was dead. My screaming notified the nurses and they started asking me a few standard questions, but I was too shocked to answer. All I could do was ask, "Where am I?" "Then I heard a nurse reply, "You are in Musutafu General Hospital. You came in with a rock through your stomach in an ambulance. We took you into the emergency room and brought you into surgery. It's been 2 days since you came in." "How did I get here?" "The person who called the ambulance was already gone by the time the ambulance arrived." I was confused and was about to have a panic attack, my own sister stabbed me, I went through surgery, and I've been here for 2 days. Wait. "I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 2 DAYS?!" "Well, ye-." "I have to leave I need to get to school," I said as I was getting up and pulling cords and needles off me. "You aren't going anywhere, mister. Even with our healing quirks, you are going to need to stay here for at least 2 more days," a nurse said as she was pushing me back into the hospital bed.

It went like this for a few minutes before I calmed down and asked, " Has anyone visited me?" The nurse looked down and said, "No. Now I am going to leave so you have to stay in this bed and wait for a doctor." She then walked out of the room leaving me alone with my thoughts.

The only thing I could think of however is that no one visited me. It hurt more than being stabbed. It was like I got stabbed in the back, in more ways than one.

So how was this chapter. I like to believe I did pretty well. Either way if you questions ask in the comments. Till next time, bye.