Chapter 20: I Hate My Life

(A.N I am not great at geography and if you ask me something about it I will mess it up. As a solution, I am going to do what Rick did in the lightning thief and make sh*it up. I'm being honest search up the Gateway Arch in St. Louis Missouri. There is no water source Percy could realistically land in anywhere near it and if I'm wrong, then I just proved my point about being horrible at geography.)

Izuku POV:

Liv, Leo, Amaterasu, and I wandered around for a few hours and we did not find anything it was like we were stranded in a wasteland. By the time we stopped searching it was late at night, and since it was early December and the temperature dropped Liv and Leo were freezing. "HOW ARE YOU NOT COLD," they exclaimed. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I don't know. I never really get cold." Liv just looked at me and said, "Freckles get your butt over here." I obliged out of curiosity and when I was a few steps in front of her she started to hug me. "W-what are you doing," I asked extremely flustered, with my face looking like a tomato. "You are warm and I am cold. It's simple really," she said nonchalantly. "Is he really that warm," Leo asked. Liv simply nodded and Leo joined in the hug, saying in an amazed voice, "You're right. He really is warm."

"You too Leo," I said in an exasperated voice while trying to pry them off.

Before he could answer Amaterasu jumped onto all 3 of us and brought us down to the ground. "Mhm, warm," Liv said with her eyes shut, and dosing off. "Fluffy," Leo said. "Come on guys. At least let me set up the tent," I asked in a pleading tone, but they were already asleep. I sighed and stared off into the night sky, unable to fall asleep.

Then for the first time in my life, I decided to pray. "God, if you really exist, if an all-powerful force is really out there, please, don't take them away from me," I whispered, hoping that if it really existed, it decided I had enough. Spoiler it didn't, clearly, I'm a form of entertainment for the gods.

On December 25, yeah hilarious I know, my life turned upside down once again. After weeks of bonding and adventures with Liv and the rest, not limited to, robbery, breaking in and entering, dining and dashing, and one accidental arson. It was a complete accident, honest. Leo was excited and set fire to an apartment complex, but it went fine. I was able to put it out before it spread. The 4 of us did almost get caught though, but with my intermediate parkour skills and everyone else's learning on the fly approach we were ok, for the most part, I mean Leo only broke his forearm. Nothing too serious.

Anyways, back to my original train of thought. On December 24 everyone was hungry. We were all stuck in a city, no restaurant would let us in, and no small animals to eat, but a middle-aged man came up to us and offered to bring us food today and tomorrow. It was suspicious and my instincts were telling me to ignore the offer, but I barely had any energy to move. As I result I, along with the others, accepted his offer. He then came back an hour later with a few sandwiches and 3 large water bottles. He said, "Eat up children." We were hesitant at first, but we quickly came over our fears and ate. It wasn't great by any means but it was food. Anyways, when we finished the man was about to leave, but I asked, "What is your name?" "My name is Maddox Thorn, but you can call me Dr. Thorn," he responded with slight annoyance. "See you, tomorrow children," he said with creepy vigor this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should we have gone back the next day? No, but did we? Yes, yes we did.

When we went back on December 25 Dr. Thorn was not alone. Along with him were giant scorpions and giant dogs the sizes of rhinos. "Fuuuuuuuuu," Liv, Leo, and I whispered. "RUN," I screamed after the lethality of the situation registered.

As we were running, Amaterasu set the scorpion on fire and turned them into gold dust. "That's new, "I muttered, but I was then dragged by the collar by Liv who reprimanded me. ''Not the time to spectate Snow." "Right," I answered starting to run at full speed, but I soon noticed the giant dogs were not following us. 'They're toying with us,' I thought. "Split up, they can't catch us all," Liv suggested. "ARE YOU MAD!? THEY'LL KILL US! THEY ARE TOYING WITH US,'' I snapped at her. "IT'S A BETTER CHANCE OF SURVIVAL," she snapped back.

I realized she was right and nodded, but before we split up I said, "Promise me you guys won't die. Promise me we will see each other again." "I swear," they said and then we split up. Liv went right and Leo went left, and I went up the buildings.

After a few minutes of running, I heard a loud thump and Thorn was there on the roof I was on. "H-how," I asked in confusion. Thorn didn't respond, instead he got on all fours and his bones started to crack and fur came out. He then turned into a monster with the body of a lion with a scorpion-like tail with a spike at the end, but most disturbingly he still had a human face. "Come on little demigod, fight me. Or are you too big of a coward to do so," Thorn said in an eerie tone. "Nah I'm not scared. Disgusted, but not scared. I mean you have a face, not even a mother could love," I replied. In truth, I was intimidated, but not scared. Few things scared me then and even fewer now, he was never on the list.

Thorn snarled at me and in a flash, like a bullet, spikes from his tail rushed towards me and pierced my flesh. "AHHH," I screamed. "Stings doesn't it," he said in an annoyingly smug voice. "Ugh," I said as my vision got blurry and I felt like blacking out. However, I worked through the pain and tried to find water somewhere near me, to try and heal me, but no luck. "Guess I have to do this the old-fashioned way," I said while summoning my staff and using it to help me stand up. "What a weak son of Poseidon. Guess I'm lucky." "JUST SHUT UP ALREADY! YOUR VOICE IS LIKE NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD! GOD," I said extremely annoyed, and started to spin my staff as fast as possible.

Thorn was aggravated by my response and decided to shoot more spikes at me, but instead of piercing me, it impaled itself in my staff. He got even more aggravated and continued shooting spikes, but the more he got aggravated, but the worse his aim became. "Wow, you are really bad at this aren't you," I said smugly. Oh, how sweet the look on his face was. It was magnifique, chef's kiss.

Then he got even angrier. 'This is my opportunity," I thought.

I ran towards him still spinning my staff and jumped on top of him, but I unsummoned my staff and brought out my pocket knife, and stabbed it into his neck. "AHHH," he screamed in pain as he turned into gold dust. "I loathe my life," I said as I blacked out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to Amaterasu licking my face. "Hey girl," I said as I rubbed my hand on the side of her face. "Are the others ok," I asked. She barked enthusiastically, but then I asked, "Do you know where they are?" She whined and looked away, "I figured. Come on let's go," I said while putting my arm around her and having her support my weight. We walked out of the city in a few days and were left in the wood when we found a campsite full of silver tents and a warm campfire with meat cooked.

I unlatched myself from Amaterasu and ran towards the meat. Amaterasu followed and ate the food when we heard rustling. "Oh no," I muttered. We stopped eating and started to run away when I was shot with an arrow through the leg, same with Amaterasu.

We fell down and before we were knocked out, I heard, "Ugh, another wretched male. Thy pain shall be savored."

 I know I am making Izuku's life terrible, but I swear everything I do has a reason and a resolution. Anyways I need help on deciding on a blessing to give Percy. I already have 3 decided Pan, Hermes, and Aphrodite. I feel like it is pretty obvious why, but I need one more god and how it will affect Percy's powers. Remember blessings in this story only improve certain aspects of one powers. I would also appreciate an idea for Pan Hermes and Aphrodite. Anyways I hope you like the chapter, and bye.