Chapter 23: If The Gods Exist... I can Blame Someone for When Things go Wrong

Izuku POV:

When I was knocked out I had a strange dream, well more like a talk with a voice from the pit. When my world turned black my eyes shot open, but I wasn't back in chains. I was standing in a dark cavern with the only thing I could see being a gaping pit, which seemed bottomless. Then I felt a dark and looming presence behind me. As I turned behind me I heard a voice from the pit say, "Too young, but not too weak. You will make a perfect host." The words unnerved me, not because they scared me, but by the voice that said them. It felt ancient, cold, heavy, but most importantly arrogant. As if I was so far below it, I could not pose a threat, and in truth, I knew that I couldn't. I was petrified by fear. The voice reminded me too much of All for One, but much older. "Wh-who's there," I asked in fear.

The voice did not respond to my question. Instead, it said, "The gods have abandoned you boy. They have seen your trials and tribulations yet they refuse to help. They are the cause of all your suffering. If they wanted, they could have brought you in, protected you, and made you strong enough to protect the ones you love. Instead, they saw your pain and your torture and left you to lay in your sorrow. I, however will not. I will give you a home and family, but most importantly I will give you strength. The strength to make all those who hurt you suffer. All you need to do is drop into the pit."

The voice was so convincing and the offer sounded so sweet. I would have the power to get my revenge, and all I needed to do was walk into a pit. The offer was too good to be true, but I didn't care. As long as he could make me stronger I didn't care what I had to do. As a result, I started to walk to the pit.

"YES BOY! HELP ME BRING THOSE TREACHEROUS GODS TO THEIR KNEES," the voice said in excitement.

As I continued to walk spirits started to grab me from behind whispering, "No. Wake child." However, I didn't listen and I forced my way out of their grasp and continued to walk until a hand fell onto my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw Uncle with a melancholic smile on his face. Then he poked my forehead with his index and middle finger. Next, my eyes opened once more.

I woke with a gasp and felt my mouth fill with water. I forgot I could breathe underwater and shot myself to the surface of the water with my powers. Then I swam to shore.

As I swam to shore I realized the hunters were nowhere nearby, I wasn't in chains, the arrow from my chest was removed and a scar was left, and that my bag could be seen resting on a tree onshore. I also realized I didn't need to swim and could use my powers. "I'm an idiot," I muttered out loud.

I used my powers to propel me through the water quickly and in seconds I reached the shore. I had then ran towards the tree the bag was resting on and checked to see if it was mine, and it was. I emptied everything out and found my ring/necklace, my staff in its bracelet form, and Sora's pocket knife. I immediately put the ring/necklace on, along with my staff/bracelet, and set the knife to the side. Then I found some clothes and put them on. It was a simple pair of joggers on I didn't have a shirt so I begrudgingly put the hoodie that Leo gave me on. "I'm not Jack Frost," I muttered thinking about what Leo would say if he saw me wearing. I felt a tear flow down my right check and that's when the flood gates opened.

All the thoughts of guilt and anger from not being able to save anyone I care about came rushing towards me and I couldn't take it. With every drop of rage I had I screamed out, "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT WORLD!? IS IT!? YOU'VE ALREADY TAKEN AWAY EVERYTHING I'VE EVER LOVED, WHAT MORE CAN I LOSE! DO YOU THINK YOU CAN GET THE BEST OF ME?! WELL THINK AGAIN! THINK AGAIN," I then continued in a low venomous tone, "I will get strong and when I do, everything you have had take my loved ones away from me will pay. I WILL make them suffer horrific deaths. I swear it on my life." I then stuffed everything in my bag and noticed a letter and a music player with earbuds that weren't previously there.

I stuffed them in my pockets and walk away from that lake/ clearing, with only thoughts of revenge on my mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I continued to walk for a few more hours until the moon was out when I decided it was time to take a break. During this break, I decided to open the letter and it read, "Advice from your favorite snow goddess.

When using your ice powers think angry and cold thoughts. It will make it easier.Think out of the box with your powers. They are greater than you could ever imagine, you are half god after all. Remember water is everywhere, even in the air."

The only 'ice goddess' I knew was Khione, but if I woke up somewhere completely different and she called me half god. That means Zoë was right...the Greek gods exist. This revelation angered me, that voice was right. They could have helped me, but no, they decided to let me suffer. I crushed the paper and threw it to the side, noticing that the plants had a layer of frost covering them. "I guess some of them are not that bad," I said as I looked at the frost.

Then I opened the music player, put in the air buds, and played the first song available. It was a song called "Fire, Ready, Aim," by a band called Green Day.

I listened to music by the band for the rest of the night, unable to fall asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the sun came out I grabbed a granola bar from my backpack and walked. I eventually entered a city and walked around for an hour or two when I saw a thing, I don't know what it's called, that holds postcards. The postcards said "Greetings from Los Angeles." I sighed and said, "I'm in the city of angels, aren't I? Well time to find a way to make money." I decided to walk through dark alleys to see if I heard anyway to make money quickly and easily. It took a few days but eventually, I heard a stranger say, "Did you know the fight club in the alley of xxx street is offering anyone 10 thousand dollars to anyone who can stay in the ring with the reigning champ for 10 minutes?"

That's all I needed, and I was off to find the location. It didn't take a long time, only a few hours, to find it. I had the location, all I need was to find it. Anyways, when I reached the place there was a bodyguard who said, "What do you want runt?" "I wanna get in the ring with the reigning champ," I responded. The guard started to laugh, but I didn't take it lightly. I had been laughed at too many times by my nightmares, the hunters, All for One, Jason, and those monsters. I was done with it. I controlled a puddle from the ground and made a small spear pointed at his throat. "Let me in," I said in a cold tone. He opened the door and let me in.

After a lot of legal documents were signed and getting confused looks I entered the ring with my backpack and saw a large man in spandex. I pulled out my knife still not sure if it wouldn't hurt him, but if it did I could kill him with no blood. "Fight in 3...2...O-," the announcer got cut off by people crashing through the roof screaming, "INFERNOUS WE HAVE BEEN HIRED TO KILL YOU!" Then a band of 6 assassins in cloaks with porcelain masks were revealed when the dust came over.

As soon as they were revealed the man in spandex was shot through the head by who I assumed to be a woman . The next thing I know the one in front looks at me and grabs me from the waist taking me with them.

I hope you liked the chapter and this book will end in about 5 or 6 more chapters. That's al I need to say, until next time. Bye.