Chapter 11: I Can't Think Of One, recommend it in the comments.

Izuku POV:

I had eventually relented to getting adopted by the Valdez family, however, that didn't mean I trusted them.

A few days after the incident Esperanza had to go through the legal process of adopting me. I still don't know how she did it, but I feel like a certain goddess of the hearth helped. There is no other way an unknown child with no American documents and only have given written consent could be adopted. Anyways, the paranoid part of me told me that this could all be part of an intricate plan from AFO. The logical part of me told me he couldn't possibly plan for where I decided to walk and it was obvious Uncle was there when I was unconscious on the beach shore. However, the paranoid part of me said AFO could have fake it and had a quirk like Nighteye's that could see in the future. The process of the paranoid parts of me and logical parts of me continued for a while. I was snapped out of that train of thought when Leo, whose name I remembered when he corrected the doctor, said "You don't sound like you're from here. Where are you from?" I absentmindedly said, "Japan." The second I said that I cursed myself. Leo then started to rapid-fire questions and jump and run around. "Ifyou'refromJapanhowdidyougethere? Didyoustowawayonaboat? Didyoumovehere? Whereareyourparents? Doyouhavesiblings." I was annoyed at the question and simply responded, "Don't want to talk about it.'' Leo was about to ask more questions when Esperanza walked out of the room and said, "It's official. You are now Izuku Valdez." Oh, I completely forgot to mention, but I gave her my name. It wasn't anything special so it went over my head. Anyways, she smiled brightly at me, but I couldn't meet her face. I turned my head away and muttered, "Thanks." She put her ear closer to me in a closer manner and ask, "What did you say?" "Can we go pick up my dog?" She smiled again and said, "Of course."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was finally able to pet Amaterasu again I grabbed her with my only arm and cuddled into her and smiled as she licked my face, "Good girl." This went on for a few minutes before I said, "Now girl I have something very important to tell you. I got adopted by the family we saved. That means you also got adopted along with me. Now we won't have to sleep outside as we have for the past couple of days, but be on your best behavior." Amaterasu just nodded, I least I assumed she did and kept on licking my face. I reluctantly pushed her off and said, "Later girl, for now, we have to get going" She yipped sadly and followed me as I walked back to the car. Leo asked, "Are you sure she won't set anything on fire?'' "Nope." "Oh...Ok. Wait... YOU DON'T KNOW?!" Nope." "Then why are we letting her in?" "I'm not gonna make my dog follow the car." Leo just sighed and got in. I followed suit and so did Amaterasu. Since she was so big she had to lay on top of Leo and I's legs. Leo rested his hands on her fur and muttered, "So soft.'' He then laid his head on her fur and immediately fell asleep. He seemed so comfortable that I followed suit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next thing I knew I was being moved. Turns out Amaterasu got so excited to leave the car that the second the door opened she ran out with no concern for me or Leo. I couldn't blame her though. She barely fit in the car so she probably felt claustrophobic. It did make for a rude awakening though.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and walk out and saw an apartment complex. By the looks of it, the apartments would be small, but I can deal with small. Anyways everything was rather simple. Since everything I owned could fit in a small backpack it would no time at all to 'unpack'. When I walked in I nervously asked, 'W-where am I sleeping?'' I cursed myself for being nervous and stuttering, I hadn't done it in so long, but I digress. Leo then popped up out of nowhere, and with his arms spread out, and said, "With me roomie. Since we don't have a guest room or an extra bed, for now at least, I will sleep on the couch." I tried insisting for him to sleep in his own bed, but he would give in and I eventually gave up.

Since it was still early in the day Esperanza decided to cook. Since she didn't have dog food she would cook for Amaterasu too.

While we waited Leo took me and Amaterasu to his room and asked us to play with him. While I wanted to say no, and practice my knife and staff work, I couldn't. He was just so excited, I didn't want to dampen his mood.

While we were playing he asked less personal questions and more general questions like, "What is your favorite color? What is your favorite animal? When is your birthday?'' "Green, Amaterasu, and June 15." This went on for a while and I enjoyed it. It was...fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Esperanza finished cooking it was almost a repeat of playing with Leo. The questions were similar and the fact that I had food in my belly helped. It was fun. I had one conclusion after that, the Valdez's are fun, and maybe being one wouldn't be so bad. It wasn't, it isn't. I just wish perfect lasted longer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Leo, Amaterasu, and Esperanza went to sleep I got up and started walking around the apartment. It's not that I wasn't tired, but I already tested my luck falling asleep earlier that day. I didn't want another nightmare of one of the worst days of my life. For hours I walked around while summoning and de-summoning my staff or unfolding and folding my knife. I needed to get better and used to it, I needed it to be as natural as breathing or blinking. No thinking just doing.

After the 5th hour, I was walking around like a snail and falling asleep. I kept on walking, but eventually, I passed by the couch and sat. I immediately went to sleep, but the nightmares came until they vanished. I don't know why or how, but I'm glad they did.

When I woke up I was cuddled up with Leo, Esperanza had our heads on her legs and Amaterasu at the foot of the couch. I went back to sleep.

BONUS POV

Esperanza POV:

I had woken up to use the bathroom when I noticed the door to the room that Izuku was sleeping in was wide open and he wasn't there. I ran through the house to look for him and saw him and Leo cuddled up on the couch, but Izuku seemed to be having a nightmare. I stared softly at the scene and walked towards the couch. I lifted their heads up and laid them on my legs and started to run my hands through their hair and sang a simple lullaby. Izuku seemed to have relaxed and rested peacefully. His dog then walked in and laid down at the foot of the couch and went to sleep. Before I knew it I did the same.

Hope you liked the chapter. Till next time, bye.