Chapter 28: Going Cross Country

Izuku POV:

Walking and or running to Long Island from Los Angeles would take me about 3 months at most and months and a half at the minimum. It would only take me a day by plane, but I take my chances every time I enter the Yeager's jet. I did not feel like getting shot down by a lightning bolt and having to figure out how not to die. Sure I could use my staff flying technique but then it would be suspicious if I was the only survivor and I had no documents available. Sure I could bribe them with my millions, maybe billions of dollars, but then I would have to explain how I have that. The easiest and maybe safest option was to steal a car. I mean if Leo can do it, why couldn't I. Spoiler alert, hotwiring a car is harder than I thought, but I DID IT! WOOO! I mean I got caught and detain, but causing a small earthquake to flip the car and escape was easy. Don't worry, I made sure I didn't accidentally kill an innocent man, well supposedly innocent man, but he is a cop in Los Angeles. Sure there are good cops there, but more often than not...well... let's just say one outweighs the other.

Either way a few weeks into the trip I ended up in Oregon. I had been eating only fruits and drinking water I had purified myself and it turns out I had been going in the wrong direction for the entire month. "OH COME ON," I screamed out in front of the 'Welcome To Oregon,' sign.

 "OH COME ON," I screamed out in front of the 'Welcome To Oregon,' sign

 I took in a deep breath and sighed. "May as well look for an inn and some real food,'' I muttered. I summoned my staff and used to go up in the sky and look for and go to the nearest town. The town had a small population of about 15,000 and was called Woodland Ash. I had found out that it was called that because when the town was first founded in the early 1900's it was burned to the ground. Ash was everywhere and the people that settled there saw the nearby forest covered in ash. It was actually a really interesting story. The person who told me that even pointed me to a good bed and breakfast called Grey House Bed and Breakfast. The lady who owned the place was a really nice lady called Cassie Nightingale. She was a little bit creepy, but I couldn't judge.

Anyways, I wanted to keep up on my assassin training, especially my marksmanship, so I asked her for a good hunting spot in the forest. She pointed me in the general area and said, "Be careful. I hear some silver hunters are in the area." I turned around to respond, but she was gone. "What the fu-fudge." I shook my head and walked away in the direction she pointed in.

As I was walking towards the hunting spot I pulled out a cigarette and lit it with the light from the boat that I forgot I had. As I took the first puff I said as I breathed out, "Hope you're having sweet dreams, Henry." Then I heard the call of an all too familiar hunting horn. "Hunters," I said venomously as I snuffed out the cigar with water I drew from the plants. I then dried it off and put it in my pockets. I may be an assassin, but I'm not a complete monster.

Anyways I used the water to make a human arm, I jumped up into the trees and waited to see if it really was the hunters I was thinking of. Turns out I was right. I know that I was right since I heard Zoë say, "M'Lady may I ask why we are in the land of Oregon." Zoë then looked in my direction, even though I was hidden. 'Crap,' I thought as I hid my presence like Louis taught me. 'Clear your thoughts, slow your breathing, and become one with your surroundings,' I thought as I Zoë suddenly looked away. Then I sneaked away without making a single sound towards where I assumed the campsite was. Then I saw a group of young girls, most of which were unknown.

Now before we go on let me make something clear I don't hate all the hunters. I think it's amazing these young girls have been thought how to protect themselves after traumatic events. What I hate is that Artemis doesn't show them how to face their trauma and teaches them to take it out on every guy in the world, even the young or okay ones.

Now, even though it might be hypocritical of me, especially since I haven't come close to being prepared to face mine. To be fair most of these girls have had decades to centuries to face them. ALSO, THEY HAVE A GODDESS THAT CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH OTHER GODS THAT CAN HELP THEM!

Anyways I sneaked past them and went to look through their tents. I eventually found the one I was looking for, the weapons tent. "Yes," I whispered out as I ransacked their place. I found a lot of celestial bronze hunting knives and a few silver ones. "Mine," I said as I put like 3 of each in my pocket and took a random bow from a table a quiver with about 40 arrows. "Mine too," I said as I walked away. Then I heard hunters rushing towards the tent. "God damn it," I said as I looked up and grabbed my guns. Then the tent opened and about 10 hunters came with hunting knives out. Then I shot them in the legs and I ran away. Now I could probably take them in a fair fight but there were like 50 of them in the campsite and they had a lot more experience than me so I just left and ran towards the bed and breakfast to grab my things. When I got there Cassie already had my things. a map, and an avocado toast out. "Here you go," she said as she gave it to me. I grabbed it and had a look of shock on my face. I was even more shocked when she said, "You should go they're on your tail." I nodded and summoned my staff and flew off while eating the toast. I thought I was in the clear when an arrow flew past my head and I saw Zoë. Then I used the bow and one arrow and shot randomly. It was actually pretty damn close and was enough for me to run away. Then I continued to go cross country.

The rest of the trip was relatively easy, especially with the map Cassie gave me. I even practiced my powers even more and I have to say I'm pretty damn overpowered. I even figured something out about my staff. It can make plant seeds into their adult versions with fruit and everything and since I am not great with blood I had hundreds of fruit and vegetable plant seeds in my bag.

I got to Camp Half-Blood in a month and a half. The total time it took to get there was a little over 2 months. However, I saw hundreds of monsters in front of me a few miles away from Long Island. "GOD DAMN IT," I screamed out as I pulled out hundreds of gallons of water, made an ice arm, made an ice golem, made a few dozens of spears, oh, and I drew out my daggers and put on my mask.

I took in a deep breath and dropped the temperature to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. "Hope you like earthquakes," I said as the ground started shaking and I started to run.

The next chapter is the last chapter. That's all I have to say. Bye.