Answers

Rein lounged on Appa's saddle, soaking up the minimal rays of sun that poked behind the cloud filled sky

     Rein lounged on Appa's saddle, soaking up the minimal rays of sun that poked behind the cloud filled sky. Sokka sat parallel to her, adoring her beauty. Katara watched her brother with a frown on her lips. She could practically see the pain radiating off of him as he gazed lovingly at Kireina. She knew he loved her immensely but after their talk with Bato everything changed. Now Sokka knew he couldn't have Rein, so why was he even allowing himself to feel that way when she couldn't return it?

"Why is the stench of rotten eggs getting stronger?" Rein groaned, taking her sleeve and covering her nose with it. "Are we getting closer to that nasty ass swamp below?"

Sokka peered over the saddle to assess the situation. "Uh yeah, we're headed straight down right now. Aang? Is there a reason you're steering us head first into a disgusting pit of despair?"

Aang snapped out of his delirium, "What? I didn't even notice."

Sokka gestured all around them as they glided quickly towards the marsh-- baffled. "Are you noticing now?"

Rein pushed Sokka out of her way so she could check on her little brother. Sokka didn't move far though, he lingered close to her side with his hip attached to hers. "Aang, are you okay? Do you want me to steer for a little bit so you can rest?"

Aang shook his head, still slightly out of it. "I know this is gonna sound weird, but I think the swamp is... calling to me."

"Is it telling you where we can find something to eat?" Sokka replied sarcastically. Rein rolled her eyes and bumped her hip with his, mumbling a quiet 'stop'.

Kireina, knowing all to well how it felt to sense yourself being pulled to something otherworldly, encouraged her brother. "Aang, if you think it's calling you then let's answer. I mean what's the worst that can happen? We all get separated and see ghosts or something? Like that'll happen..."

"Rein watch out!" Katara screamed to her friend. Rein snapped her head around to spot an enormous tornado barreling towards them. She was rapidly pulled away from Sokka and left clinging off the side of Appa for dear life.

As Sokka and Katara both reached their hands out to grab a hold of Rein, she was whipped up into the cyclone and sent flying into the swamp down below. She probably hit every branch she could on the way down, each one tearing up her skin leaving her gasping in pain. Finally, she slammed into the mucky water, encasing her body in grime and algae. Her body hurt so much she couldn't even manage to lift herself above the two feet of water.

Rein's oxygen supply was running on empty and she was unable to move, she accepted her fate as she slowly drowned.

Faintly beyond the water she heard her name being yelled, "Reina! Get up you idiot, you're killing yourself!"