Bullseye

Kireina stared at the raven haired teen standing before her, surrounded by a crew of armed misfits

Kireina stared at the raven haired teen standing before her, surrounded by a crew of armed misfits. She conjured up her best face of innocence, a trick she used on many men before. "What do you want from me?"

"Why do I feel attracted to you?" Jet asked, squatting to get eye level with Rein.

"I don't know, I've been told I'm pretty--"

"No, no." Jet cut her off, shaking his head. "I'm not talking about your looks, it's something deeper."

Rein bit her lip and looked away only for Jet to grab her chin and turn her eyes back to face him. The twig that dangled between his teeth tickled her nose making a small sneeze escape her mouth. The teen smirked at Kireina, finding her small kitten-like sneeze adorable. The two gazed at each other in silence, leaving the remaining clan members to watch awkwardly.

"If that question is too hard, how about an easier one?" Jet spoke softly, his breath fanning her cheeks. "What's your name?"

"Do you really need to know that? It could be confidential information and if it gets released we could all die." Rein replied with her typical sarcasm.

"You sure do dance around answering questions." A small girl off to the side quipped, sneering at Rein.

Kireina shot her a glare, "Oof, down girl. Don't bark at the woman who bites."

"You heard her Smellerbee." Jet snickered, enjoying the fast wit of the stranger sitting before him. "If you won't tell me your name then I'll just have to give you one--"

Rein waved her hands and shook her head, "No thanks, I've already been given enough names these past couple months, I really don't think I could remember another one. My name is Kireina but most people call me Rein."

As the words left her lips, Jet's neck snapped back to his team staring at them all with mirroring wide eyes. Kireina noticed this and her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion and suspicion.

"So you're the girl they wouldn't shut up about." Jet chuckled. "Everyone, this is the Avatar's sister, Kireina. Kireina this is the Freedom Fighters. We have Pipsqueak, Smellerbee, Longshot and the Duke. And I'm Jet but you probably already knew that."

"Wait, you know Aang?!" Rein beamed with happiness. "A friend of my brother is a friend of mine." She began to stand up but was immediately pushed back down by Jet.

"I'm not exactly on the best of terms with your brother... so the same goes for you. I know who you are but I recall asking what you are. I saw the Avatar with my own eyes, I know he exists. But I also saw you wreck a hundred yards of foliage just by pounding your fist in the dirt. I witnessed the light leave your eyes and your body stand limp as your soul abandoned you. The Avatar and you are cut from the same cloth, so what are you?"