If Only You Stayed

Before allowing Jet to take Rein to Aang, she asked him to take her to his place first

Before allowing Jet to take Rein to Aang, she asked him to take her to his place first. She knew that reuniting with her brother meant seeing Sokka and showing up with tear stained cheeks would give him the one up on her.

Jet didn't fight her on her motives, instead led her to the small, third ring apartment he shared with the remaining Freedom Fighters. Upon seeing Kireina, they quickly moved to run her a bath and set out a spare cot for her to rest in.

Rein thanked them endlessly for their hospitality. Not once did they pester her about why she was upset, simply cared for her in silence until her eyes shut for the night.

Once the morning rays peered through the slats in the window, Rein awoke feeling like she had been trampled by a stampede of Komodo Rhinos. Her eyes were glued shut from dried tears, her legs were sore from running so much and her heart felt cold.

Longshot appeared before her, sliding over a steaming cup of tea.

"Thank's buddy." Rein spoke, her voice hoarse. Smellerbee was next to enter the room, tossing a wet rag at the fatigued girl's face.

"Thank me later." The younger girl chuckled, not waiting around for Rein's response.

"Smellerbee's not one to beat around the bush." Jet uttered, bending down to retrieve the rag tossed haphazardly on Kireina. Without another word, Jet began wiping the fabric across Rein's face, cleaning away any remnants of her tear filled night. "Good as new!"

Kireina robotically smiled at the teen, groaning as she willed herself to her feet. "I'm gonna go for a walk... alone. Please."

    It pained Jet and Longshot to see Rein this way. So sullen and feeble. But that was all they could see on the surface for Kireina was boiling with anger. The steam was being doused by her constant flow of tears, making her underlying rage almost unnoticeable.

    This walk wasn't just a relaxing stroll, it was a mission. Rein was on her way to locate Jin.

    It didn't take long as the young girl was loitering around the tea shop. Upon seeing Kireina, Jin smiled wide.

    Hi! Kiki, right?" Jin greeted, holding her hand out for Rein to shake.

    A big grin formed on Rein's face as she stared long at the hand reached out before her. "Not exactly."

    Jin's smile faltered into a look of confusion but before she could question the girl, Rein gripped onto her hand. Their hands didn't touch for long, Jin yanking her hand away from Rein's tightening grip.

    "I am so sorry! I didn't know, please forgive me!" Jin pleaded, falling to her knees. Kireina quickly picked the girl up from the cobblestone, shushing her repeatedly.

    "Can you not make a scene?!" Rein whispered-shouted through gritted teeth. "I just needed you to know so you would stop pursuing him. This stays between you and me, got it?" Assuming her Ekkona touch granted Jin the truth.