The Sokka Hate Train

"Is he really flirting with her right now?" Rein whispered to Zuko as they watched Iroh sweet talk his way into Ba Sing Se

"I'm going to pretend I didn't see or hear him do that." Zuko replied, faking a gag to make Rein giggle.

"Mr. Lee and Mr. Mushy are free to enter the city, but I need some form of ID from the girl." The woman at the counter spoke. Kireina's eyes widened as she realized her identifications were somewhere buried beneath the rubble at the Air Temple.

She quickly approached the counter, running through countless made up stories in her head that she could spew at this woman to fool her into allowing entrance. "I worried this would happen." Rein sighed. "The Fire Nation destroyed my family's home, all of my credentials were turned to ash like the rest of my loved ones. I barely escaped with my life..."

With her right hand, she lifted up her sleeves to show the woman her scars from Zuko. The fire bender watched Reina as she conjured up a lie but when those sleeves revealed the damage he had done to her, his stomach felt like it imploded in on itself. It had been some time since Zuko laid eyes on the burns he imprinted on her skin and he still felt shameful.

Her plan was working though, the Ba Sing Se native gasped at the sight of Rein's arms. With gentle fingers, the worker took the multi bender's hand in her's but as if she had been electrocuted by a bolt of lightning, she dropped Rein's hand. Their eyes met and held each other's gaze for a short time.

"You're finally here, Ekkona. Welcome to Ba Sing Se." The woman's smile grew even larger than it had when Iroh fawned over her just minutes prior. Kireina was speechless, her blood pumped so hard through her veins she could hear it in her ears.

"I-I don't know what you mean." Rein stuttered, struggling to diffuse the situation arising before her.

The woman shook her head as if telling Rein there is no problem. "The Great City will protect you, you are safe here."

"How did you..."

"A simple touch darling, it's all it takes." She cut Rein off vaguely. "You and your friends may enter through the doors to your left. Should you ever need anything Ekkona, please seek me out. I will keep your arrival here a secret for as long as I possibly can."

Completely baffled by the encounter, all Rein could spit out was, "Your vibes are immaculate, thank you."

After the sentence left her lips she began mentally beating herself. Immaculate? Vibes?

The woman with the mole didn't seem to mind Rein's sentiment, she took the Ekkona's response as a compliment. In fact, anything that could come from the Ekkona's mouth had the woman entranced.

Jet stood impatiently in line, observing Rein at the front desk. He couldn't hear what was being said but he could tell by the look of seriousness on both of their faces that something extremely intimate was going on.