Chorus

Clay had always went to church with his family. He always believed what he was told and truly thought he did right. That is, until he discovered he was gay. He remembered hearing his pastor talk about how a boy being with another boy is wrong. He decided not to tell his parents because he didn't want to make them upset since he was doing 'wrong'.

     It's been about 4 years since Clay has been to church and he is now 17. His family told him that he had to go to church with them at least one more time before he turns 18. He agreed since he didn't have much of a choice.

     Now, Clay is sitting in his seat at church waiting to listen to the new soloist for his church choir. Apparently he is the new Sunday school teacher's son.

     Clay isn't really paying attention. He just has his head down and is on his phone. He suddenly hears everyone go quiet so he assumes the soloist is about to start singing but he still doesn't pay attention.

Until he hears the boy sing...

     His voice sounded like a nice cup of hot chocolate that melts away your frostbite after a day out in the snow. It was so smooth and warm, he seemed happy.

     Clay looked up and saw something he didn't expect to see. The boy singing looked to be about his age and was so pretty. Clay could've sworn he fell in love right then and there.

     The boy then looked at Clay. The made eye contact and the other boy looked Clay up and down and bit his lip. Clay winked at him to see what would happen and the boy flushed a deep red color.

     Clay decided he might want to go to church more often.