1962

George woke up this morning with the intent to kiss his beautiful wife goodbye and head off to his boring, inadequate job that he dreads his arrival to every morning. However, that was not how his morning went. Instead of kissing his wife goodbye and heading off to work, he found his small home empty when he arose that morning.

The only thing he could find was a note from his wife. She informed him that she had went off to an early breakfast with her friends and told him not to worry himself. She said she would be back by the time the clock struck noon. So, George headed off to his job.

This job was nothing special, he just worked for a company that was developing the idea of computers, which his boss swore was going to be the future soon enough. He said they were creating machines that soon, everyone will have.

George did not believe a word of it but this job was what paid his bills and bought his meals.

After his boring day at the office George headed home. When he arrived in the driveway he saw his mailman on the porch delivering their mail.

"Well hello there" George greeted the mailman, he was always kind to people, even if he did not know them. The mailman turned around and froze when he saw George. "Oh, hello there to you as well sir."

This mailman was sweet for greeting George back when most people just ignored it. "I'm George, are you a new mailman? I don't think I have seen you around here before." The mailman looked shocked that George had told him his name but he continued the conversation anyway.

"Yes I am new, and my name is Clay." Clay? That was quite an odd name, but George decided he liked it. For some reason, George felt the need to ask the mailman- Clay, in for some tea. So that was what he did, and of course, Clay agreed.

They talked for quite a long time and George was confused as to why Clay was so intriguing to him. The longer they talked, the closer together they became. It got to the point where they were so close together that they could feel each other's breaths on their own lips.

Then, Clay did something unimaginable. He kissed George. George was so caught up in the moment that he didn't even think about it for a second and was kissing Clay back. But then, he was thinking about it.

He pushed Clay off of him and Clay started apologizing but George interrupted him. "I'm so sorry but I have a wife, and you are a man. This is wrong" Clay sighed "How can this possibly be so wrong? I know you feel things for me too." George couldn't hold it in anymore because Clay was right, he did feel things.

That night, George spent the night with a man, doing something unimaginable.

He wasn't even thinking about the fact that his wife never came home.

This is the first chapter of my new story and it's also a little promo. Please go read it :)