Figure You Out (Part 4 {The End})

"I want to leave Max," is the first thing George said when they both woke up. He had thought about it all night, even while he was sleeping. It was also the first thing he thought of when he woke up.

"Okay," Clay said. He respected George's decision obviously, but he knew it would hurt George and he cared about that more than his own selfish desires. He would have to be there for George when he went through this even if it would be wonderful for him.

     "Is it okay if I invite her over? I don't want to do it over the phone, and I just want to get it over with. She's going to hate me." Of course, George was thinking of others over himself, that's what he always did. He didn't even think about the fact that he would be hurting, he just wanted Maxine to be okay. Even though, she very clearly wouldn't be.

So, George invited her over like he wanted to. She seemed like she knew what was coming when she got there. She seemed prepared for it. George started to speak but was quickly interrupted by Maxine. "Look George, I'm going to stop you before you start because I can already tell where this is going. You've had time to think about it and you decided you choose Clay over me, as always. And hey, that's okay. I'll be fine without you, but he won't be. As much as I didn't like him, I can see that he's really in love with you. And you love him back." Even Max could see it.

     Clay walked into the living room where George and Maxine were just as Maxine said "You two should honestly just get married, you're perfect for each other and you've known each other forever." Honestly, it didn't sound like that bad of an idea to Clay. He voiced his opinions from behind George, "What do you think, George? Want to marry me?"

George's eyes lit up like stars at the thought. He couldn't think of a better idea.

      So, that's what they did. They went to the courthouse that day and said some vows. They promised to love each other forever, and they would keep that promise. George couldn't believe this all had happened just because Clay had finally figured him out.